5

Sometime around 7/15/18, I was standing outside the hospital (I was visiting an ill relative), waiting for my dad to come. Randomly, the thought of ice cream came to my mind - how we had a box of 15 Haagen Dazs bars at home. I started to crave some lol. It was the good ones, vanilla dipped in chocolate and almonds. Yummm

While I was waiting for my dad, I realized that I wanted ice cream (duh lol). I didn't know what to do about it. I was gonna say it out loud, then thought, "What's the point?" Guess what, I did it anyway. On a cloudy, very windy 60-degree day, I whined, "I want ice cream."

Few hours later, after doing some grocery shopping at the chain of Bengali/Desi stores near our house, my dad and I sat in the car, silently enjoying a nice, big Kulfi each. His was coconut and mine was mango. Ugh I love mangoes so much xD <333

The thing is, we typical, family-oriented Bengalis had grandparents and some baby cousins over, not to mention their parents. And each Kulfi was $2 - mind you, that's a lot, considering how many we would have to buy for everyone. We would have to spend around $20, just for ice cream. So my generous dad and I shared a sweet moment I'll always treasure and be grateful for. (Btw the Haagen Dazs we had at home, we got 15 for around $9 or $10. So that meant each high-quality, decadent, amazing bar was $0.75 (if my math is correct lol). But the Kulfi... It was a different, rare level of richness only super cream/milk-loving Bengalis would enjoy. lol)

Even the little things count. If not, they matter the most. (Yeah that sounded hella cliché, didn't it lol)

(By the way, Kulfi is this Southeast Asian/Indian-ish type of ice cream which is thick and nice, milky, tall, like a popsicle but made out of milk, cream, wheat flour, and of course, sugar. I mean, it's on a popsicle stick sort of thing lol. Idk but I feel like the wheat flour makes it extra rich and creamy? Idk but it's lifeeeee. Bruh there are no emojis on this laptop huh)