The fire pit was stocked with wood and ready to be lit, though it was still broad daylight, and there were four chairs surrounding it. The picnic table was littered with supplies for s'mores and ingredients to make sandwiches.

You hopped out of the car and Grayson followed, jogging towards the site sitting across the gravel path where cars and bikes would travel.

"Hey guys," you beamed, greeting your two friends once their faces had emerged from behind the tent.

"Finally you guys are here. We've been here for hours," Chase said, running his fingers through his chestnut brown hair.

He was wearing a dark maroon shirt and light gray shorts, accentuating his tan skin.

Sabrina smiled and put her hands on her hips, proud of the work they had done. She had her beautiful, curly blonde hair up in a ponytail and was wearing a purple tank top and dark grey yoga pants to match her pale complexion.

"You guys had a lot of alone time, huh?" Grayson teased, leaning forward to playfully nudge Chase.

They both blushed, not saying a word, and you giggled. They definitely liked each other.

———

After a few hours of sitting around the empty fire pit chatting, you sighed and stood up.

"Anyone up for a bike ride?" you asked.

Everyone copied your movements and nodded, heading over to their individual bikes and clipping their helmets on.

Chase insisted on leading the way so you all hesitantly agreed, worrying about his track record of getting lost, whether it was driving on the road or taking a hike through the woods.

You hopped on your ride and quickly peddled up the hill to catch up to everyone.

Chase stopped for a short moment before taking a right, which worried you because he had to stop and think. You didn't trust that he wouldn't get you lost but he practically forced you to trust him, so you had to.

You all clumsily biked on the gravel for a while, constantly getting your tires stuck on big rocks and having to stop to remove them.

After a while, you finally got in the groove and smoothly rode along the path.

Chase was leading, Sabrina and Grayson were next to each other, and you were not far behind them, having to stop at some times so you didn't hit their back tires.

It was all going great until Grayson's front tire smashed into a big pebble at just the right spot to sent him flying off his bike and onto the ground in front of him.

"Grayson!" you called, quickly jumping off your bike and throwing it to the side to check on your boyfriend.

Everyone else got off their bikes while you ran over to his wounded body laying on the gravel. You knelt down beside him and brushed your thumb against his cheek.

"Are you okay?" you asked nervously.

"Yeah," he replied with a small chuckle. "Just sliced up my hands a little."

He brought up his hands to show you and winced when you took them in your own and ran your fingers along the many bleeding scratches.

"Aw baby," you cooed, feeling so much sympathy for his pain.

You helped him stand up and he quickly shifted his weight one foot, causing him to fall back down.

"Your ankle hurts too?" Sabrina asked.