"There is nothing sudden about my attitude. You on the other hand, what the fuck is going on? Why do you like it here now?" She asked. I looked to the ground as I sat beside her.

"I don't."

"You do. What happened last night that made you so okay with being here?!" She demanded.

"Nothing. Andy and I just talked and I don't know how to explain it, Rose. He's not as bad as I thought he was. he's actually really sweet and he cares about me."

"I can't believe you're letting that douche fool you."

"He is not fooling me! I saw it in his eyes that he cares. I feel it when he kisses me."

"He kissed you?!" She almost yelled.

"Many times," I said smugly.

"That explains everything." She scoffed. I glared at her.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I defensively asked.

"It means your hopelessly-romantic-ass falls in love with any guy who smiles at you the right way."

"I'm not in love with him!" I defended. "And I do not do that!" I said, offended at her accusation.

"Except that you do. Violet, he is in a gang. He is a Spade. I hate to tell you this but he doesn't give a fuck about you. He is only doing all this to keep an eye on you because he's a stalker. He's being nice to make it so you don't struggle. He doesn't care about you." She said and I got angry. She didn't know anything about the multiple heartfelt conversations between Andy and me that proved to me that he did care.

"He does care! Rose, I'm sorry that you can't accept that Stephen cares about you too but I'm not heartless. I can see when someone is being nice and I can accept their niceness instead of lashing out. Maybe you should take some notes."

"Take notes? Girl if you fell out of this tree and broke your neck Andy wouldn't even blink before moving on to his next victim." She said and I stood up.

"That's not true!" I said.

"Prove it." She crossed her arms.

"Fine. I will." I said angrily. I walked over to a big tree at the far end of the oversized fenced in yard. I laid down flat on my back and closed my eyes.

"Why the hell are you laying on the ground?" Rose asked raising her eyebrow.

"Go inside and get Andy. Say I fell out of the tree and you think I'm seriously hurt or dead. Then see what happens."

"Violet this is stupid." She said. I shrugged.

"Maybe it is. but honestly what else do we have to do? I want to prove to you that he isn't as heartless to me as he is to you."

"And you actually think he is going to care?"

"I bet you $20 he does," I smirked.

"Fine. I could use the cash. Lay down." She instructed and I did. "You don't look dead." She said.

"That's because I'm not." I rolled my eyes. "Okay fine." I laid down less perfectly and put my arm behind my back, making it look like I fell on my arm.

"Not super realistic, but it'll do the trick." She said.

"Good. Now go inside and tell everyone I fell." I instructed and she did. About two minutes passed and I heard lots of footsteps.

"Why the hell would you be climbing a tree?!" I heard Stephen yell at her.

"We were just trying to entertain ourselves while you have us locked up in this prison!" She yelled back.