The Transfer

Chapter One: The Transfer

Edited By: Ben Smith. (Username=basmith527)

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 

My mom was the lucky one- she got out before all this crap started. In a way, I envy him. But things just haven’t been the same, at least, not since the winter. When my dad suggested moving in the middle of the school year, I was skeptical. I screamed, whined, and even cried a bit to no avail. My dad had put his foot down and that was it.

“But I don’t want to transfer dad! I like it here at Hawkmitt Military.” I try to tell him, but he won’t listen.

“Sweetie, I know you love it here, but when the board found out that you were the only girl in the school, they had no choice to kick you out.” My dad pointed out gently.

“But it’s not fair” I whined in a sobbing voice.

“No, it’s not. But there’s nothing I can do honey. Look at the bright side- I already found a public school that will take you” He says, trying to encourage me.

“What? You’re joking, right?” I asked him cautiously, looking at his face for signs of trickery. But, I found none.

“No, I wish I was. I already packed your stuff while you were out” He says sadly, clearly not wanting me to get angry.

“Wow, you really want me out huh? Why not just say that I’m leaving in an hour?” My voice starts to crack on the last word. My dad notices this looks over his shoulder.

“Actually, you’re leaving tomorrow” He says calmly, accepting the dare that I just put out.

‘‘Argh, I hate you so much!'' I yelled and was quiet surprised because I never ever said that, but who could blame me? The man was calmer then a snail which made me even angrier, but what can you expect from a Military Sergeant? Then, it dawned on me.

“Dad, who am I going to stay with?” I asked him cautiously, afraid of the answer.

He just grinned and answered ''I knew you would ask that. Since I am the principal I can’t just move, so your living with your aunt.''

''I'm not going.'' I said while climbing the stairs to my room. 

''Yes, you are '' He said, putting his foot down. 

''Fine, then while I'm away from you, I'll just get pregnant and become a drug addict.'' I said, trying to persuade him not to let me move.

''And I'll just quit and become a rapper.'' I think he said, but couldn’t really be sure since I just slammed the door of my room closed. I flopped down onto my bed and sat there thinking that this isn’t fair. I have straight A’s, the school badass as my best friend, and the love of my life.

“Things just had to get worse” I said as I drifted off into a cold, hard sleep.