Bonus Chapter Part 1: Spark Of Hope

You jolted awake when you heard a gunshot outside. You sat up in bed and looked down at your "partner", who was sound asleep. He had gotten used to all the despair inducing noises outside, unlike you. You slowly got out of bed, and made your way to the window to look at the world that had fallen apart years ago. If anyone was outside, which barely anyone was stupid to do with whoever just got shot serving as an example, and looked up, they would've seen your naked body which was covered in bruises, bitemarks, scars, and even small cuts everywhere except your face. He never attempted to leave his mark on your face.

"(Name)?" Speak of the devil...

You quickly turned your head to see your former classmate and "owner", Nagito Komaeda, tiredly wiping sleep from his eyes which looked at you with an odd mix of concern and possessiveness. You quickly swallowed a lump that had formed in your throat, hoping you hadn't made him mad.

"Why are you out of bed? Are you feeling okay?" Nagito asked.

"Yeah... I just can't sleep..." You said while repressing your fear of him. You feared him the most when he acted normal. It became easy to forget he was part of the most deadliest terrorist organization in history when he wasn't rambling about how he's actually setting up the world for a bright and hopeful future by spreading so much despair, or killing someone who tried to use the apartment building inhabited by just the two of you for shelter as he believed they would take you away from him, or when he would leave to do who knows what and leave you chained to the wall until he got back. It was always jarring to see him continue to act like the optimistic but socially awkward boy you met in high school despite all that.

Nagito smiled and got out of bed, revealing that he was also naked but unlike you, didn't have a single scratch on him. He walked up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist. He kissed you on the cheek before playfully dragging you back to bed.

"I don't want you standing there. Someone could see you, and you know I hate it when others look at you without my permission." Nagito said. You slowly nodded. He turned you over so you'd be facing away from him and began tracing the various marks on your back.

"By the way, we're meeting up with everyone else tomorrow so we can watch the final trial of the Killing School Life. You're excited to see them, right?" Nagito asked. You nodded, even though you weren't excited to see your old classmates. You weren't like them. You weren't there to witness the death of Chiaki Nanami and become one of Junko Enoshima's little pawns. However, you were just as much as a prisoner as they were.

"I'm glad. They're all very excited to see you again too. Now, get some sleep." Nagito said before kissing you on the forehead and going to sleep.

The next morning, Nagito dressed you, fed you, and decided he would carry you over to where everyone decided to meet, as you had no shoes or socks and he didn't want you stepping on anything like broken glass. When you arrived, they all perked up upon seeing you. You were immediately snatched from Nagito's grip and pulled into a group hug by Mikan and Ibuki.

"(Name)! Ibuki forgot that you were sooooooo cute!" Ibuki exclaimed while you tried to break free. Mikan didn't say anything at first, instead mumbling to herself, but you could occasionally hear her talk about how nice you were to her during your time in school. At least, until Nagito took you back from them.

"Don't touch her without my permission!" Nagito shouted. After a bit of bickering about how Nagito was "unfair" or "greedy" to which he would protest that they were the ones who agreed that he would have you all to himself in the first place (it only later occurred to you that the whole banter -and possibly you even being there- was probably just both parties trying to make the other feel as much despair as possible), all their attention was on the monitor showing the sixth trial of the Killing School Life. At first, you barely paid attention. It was around the time one of the students committed a double murder that you accepted that none of them would make it out alive. So, you mostly just stared into space as what you assumed was the inevitable played out.

Until you saw the Ultimate Despair as the one being executed, not the remaining members of the 78th class.

The sight of Junko Enoshima dying felt surreal. The one who threw the world into complete despair after ending and ruining so many live, yours included, was now dead. It was so unreal, that it took you a couple of seconds to notice that everyone started screaming. At the very worst, they were on their knees and pulling at their hair as they screamed in agony. At the very best, they were in a mix of crying and mad laughter. Except Nagito, who quickly threw you over his shoulder and got out of there as fast as he could.

He quickly entered the apartment and chained you to the wall by the neck, which is what he always does when leaving you alone, before rushing out. What was he up to? You didn't know and didn't want to know. But, you wouldn't know for very long.

Hours later, when Nagito got back, he had both his hands behind his back, looking quite excited, leaving you quite concerned.

"What you got there...?" You hesitantly asked. Nagito chuckled as he slowly brought one of his arms into view. You screamed when you saw a hand with familiar long red nails where his actual hand once was.

"Isn't it amazing, (Name)? The Ultimate Despair has fallen, and with her downfall, the Ultimate Hope has been born! If only you and I were up close... But oh well!" Nagito said. He looked at his new hand and his smile grew.

"With her hand... I can feel her essence being absorbed into me! I wasn't alone, though, we were all rushing to her corpse like hungry dogs! Gotta get there before she starts to decay, y'know? But don't worry! I got something for you!" Nagito said as he pulled what looked like a small cooler out from behind his back before opening it. Once again, you screamed upon seeing what was in it.

"It took some persuading but I managed to convince Mikan to help me with this. The one I love the most having the heart of the one I hate the most inside of her. Isn't that so despair inducing? Which means the hope born from that despair will be so amazing!" Nagito yelled. You began to shake in fear. How did they manage to get these anyways!? You saw her get crushed to death!

"N-Nagito, you realize that if our blood types don't match, I'll die, right!?" You protested. Nagito laughed.

"I'm aware of that. Let's just leave it up to my luck, then. Now then, we don't want to keep everyone waiting, do we? Plus, your new heart won't stay fresh for long." Nagito said before knocking you out.

Six months later...

Out of all your scars, the over where your should be was the most prominent. It was the only surgical scar you had. From a heart transplant you didn't even need. You sometimes felt sick knowing that the heart of one of the most vile humans in existence was currently beating inside of your chest.

Nagito also felt nothing but complete despair at such a fact. But, due to his mental state, this meant he enjoyed it. Though, he was currently being a bit more distant as of lately. You'd be happy, but knowing Nagito, this meant he was planning something. He walked over to you and patted your head.

"Get lots of rest. We're going somewhere... special tomorrow, okay?" Nagito instructed you. Not wanting to make him mad, you nodded and let him lead you to bed, before going to sleep like he asked.

You woke up to the sounds of people screaming. You opened your eyes to see Nagito sneaking around some city with you on his back. Various Monokuma units were killing people left and right. He snuck into an alleyway, and sat you down next to a dumpster, putting you just out of view of any Monokumas. Before you could ask what was going on, he handcuffed you to a pipe that was attached to the wall before kissing you on the lips.

"I love you. I promise I'll come back for you when this is over, okay?" Nagito said. After a moment of silence where you couldn't get any words to leave your mouth, Nagito got up and walked away, leaving you completely alone.

Hours passed and the noises died down. You assumed that because all the people in the area were killed, the Monokumas moved on to seek targets somewhere else. As you boredly looked around, you noticed a large rock and got an idea.

After quite a bit of stretching out your arm, you managed to grab the rock. You then slammed the rock down on the handcuffs as hard as you could. After a few tries, the handcuffs broke in half. As soon as they broke, you got up and ran off into the city. You had no idea where you were or where to go, but you did know one thing.

For the first time in years, freedom was at the tip of your fingers.