Loving my best friend 14

Chapter Fourteen

-Avonlea's POV-

I wake up to someone's fingers running through my hair. I moan softly, snuggling closer to the person. From where my head is, I can tell this is a man. I open my eyes to see Chase staring off into space, his hand stroking my hand absentmindedly.

"Chase?" I whisper softly.

He looks down at me, his silver eyes fill with happiness.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

I notice his eyes wander to my lips.

"I am fine, Chase." I answer.

He leans down at kisses my lips softly. I smile into the kiss. I have missed the softness of his lips. The kiss turns heated and he rolls on top of me, straddling my hips. "Avonlea," Chase whispers softly on my lips. He kisses down my neck, sending pleasure down my spine. He softly bites down at the spot where my neck and shoulder meet. I let out a loud sound, my back arching in pleasure.

Did I just moan?

I feel my cheeks heat up.

"I think I just found your soft spot," Chase whispers along my skin.

I just hum in response. I run my hands along his bare chest, tracing the firm muscules. Chase groans softly, his hands clamp onto my waist, covering my hips completely. He licks at my pulse point, his sharp fangs nip at it. My legs wrap around his waist, hands on shoulders, pulling him closer.

He moves his lips back to my face, kissing my cheeks, eyelids, nose, and forehead.

"I missed you so much, I'm so glad you're back." He tells me softly.

I shudder and look into those silver colored eyes. The ones that I think I may love...

"I missed you too.." I reply.

His lips hover over my ear, then he kisses the earlobe softly. He stays like that for minutes, only his soft breathing heard. It's as if he's deciding something.

"I love you." He whispers softly after ten minutes of silence.

Warmth blooms inside of me. This time he means it, this time he isn't drunk off of beer.

Chase Grey Turner loves me.. A sweet, lovable, funny, handsome vampire-like human loves me.. And I think I love him.. Yes, I do love Chase. He has my heart in his hands. He's the only one that I thought about when I was running from Raoul, even when I killed him. All I knew is that I wanted to get back to Chase.

"You have taken my heart, Chase.. I love you too." I tell him sincerely.

Chase pulls back, as if I electrocuted him. He stares at me wide-eyed. "You.. You love me?" He asks in shock, as if he can't believe my words.

I smile at him and nod wordlessly, a dark red blush on my cheeks.

He gives me a passionate kiss, practically taking my breath away. He pulls away before I have a chance to pull back. His lips rest on the base of my neck.

"I'm so glad you love me.. I never knew I would ever find someone as sweet as
you to be mine." He mumbles against my soft skin.

I run my hands through his long, ebony locks. I've always wanted to do this.. The strands are so soft too. Chase shudders above me. I tug on them a little and he groans, a deep sound vibrating from his chest. I stop touching his hair, thinking I hurt him.

Chase pulls himself away from my neck, his eyes full of confusion.

"Why did you stop?" He asks.

"I thought I hurt you." I reply.

He smiles at me.

"I'm fi-"

His words are cut off by my stomach growling.

Chase chuckles and sits up, pulling me with him.

"Let's get you some breakfast," Chase says.

-/-

A few hours later I'm fed, showered, and clothed. Now I'm sitting inside Chase's limo, waiting for us to stop at our destination.

"I love you," Chase whispers softly. Then he nuzzles his nose with my own.

I giggle, a light blush covering my cheeks.

"You have told me that at least a hundred times in the last few hours." I tell him.

"And I will say it a hundred times again." He replies.

I peck his lips softly.

"I know you will." I whisper back.

I smile.

"Will you stay with me?" He asks.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" I answer.

He pulls me into his lap. He stares at me in a completely serious manner, all humor from his face gone.

"I need to tell you about my family, and maybe you would like to reconsider." He tells me.

I nod and sit quietly ready to hear what he is about to say.

"It went downhill when I was seven...."