Intro

Maddie Keller and her best friend Chloe were always together. That slowly started to change after Chloe started dating their other best friend Luke. They all still hung out but maddie started to feel like a third wheel. They always did things together ever since they were kids. They had another friend they always hung out with, but after some sophomore year  drama and job inconvenience, he had to leave town. Maddie, Chloe, and Luke were all to busy in their more Mature lives they had basically forgotten about their old friend.
~present time~
One week into summer vacation the three friends were at the beach walking along the boardwalk.

"Maddie POV"

Luke-  you guys wanna go and get some ice cream?
Chloe-  OH MY GOD, yes please I'm dying of heat!!
Maddie- only if you buy! HA!

   I laughed at myself internally for actually saying 'ha' but then raced Chloe and Luke to the little ice cream shop at the end of the board walk.

Luke-  what do you guys want?
Maddie-  rocky road please.
Chloe-  strawberry sounds good, thanks babe.
Luke- (to shop worker) can I please get three double scoops in cones, one strawberry, one rocky road, and one double chocolate.
Chloe- look there is Stacy outside with a dog!

    Stacy went to our school and moved away two years ago. She was always nice to us, but bitter to most people.

Luke- yeah, I don't really feel like reconnecting with people of the past
right now. (Luke giggled)
Chloe- I have seen so many people recently who have left town, everybody must be staying at your family's cottages Luke. You guys are probably making a killing off of tourists.

    Luke and Chloe continued to talk while I grabbed some napkins and and started to head outside to the picnic tables. Chloe and Luke started to follow me just as I was reaching the door when it suddenly swung open and hit me so hard it knocked me to the ground. I suddenly became very dizzy and couldn't see very clearly. I could hear Luke and Chloe talking to me, asking me how many fingers they were holding up. I finally told them I was fine, and that I just wasn't expecting that. Then an arm was extended out for me. I grabbed it and brought myself to my feet. They continuously apologized, and I must have said I was okay about 50 times. It was a boy, he looked about my age, tall, dark brown hair, green eyes. Something about him looked familiar but I couldn't quite wrap my head around it. Luke, Chloe and I proceeded outside after the incident.

Chloe- MA—
Maddie- Clo I'm fine, I just wasn't excepting someone to be coming through the door, that's all.
Chloe- but you do know who that was right?
Luke- oh my gosh, I thoughts that who it was, wow haven't seen home since the—
Chloe- Luke! We don't talk about that remember?!
Maddie- guys what's going on with you two? Who was is and why are you making such a fuss about it?
Chloe- I hate to break it to you but, it looks like Cole is back in town..

       I definitely wasn't expecting that...