Chapter 9 - "A Drop Of Blood"

Violet Marie's POV

Since our little date yesterday Ethan hasn't been feeling all that great.

Of course being in the cold rain for that long may have caught him a small cold.

Luckly for us school was cancelled today due to the fact there was a electricity shortage which meant I could go over to his house and take care of him.

I walk up the small steps and knock on the door.

After a few minutes the door opens revealing a droopy looking Ethan.

His eyes where puffy and his nose was red from all the times he sneezed. He looked exhausted and drained.

"Lets go back to bed" I quickly say as I walk into the house.

"Okay"he says with his voice sounding all groggy.

I close the door behind us and make our way into his room.

He lays down and I lay next to him.

He nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck and quickly falls asleep.

I play around with his long dark brown hairs as he sleeps and try not move while he comfortably sleeps.

He looks so peaceful sleeping.

Unbothered by everything that is happening around.

My head starts to wonder off into a bubble of sad thoughts making my face expression drop.

He could potentionally find out one day.

My secret isn't always easy to hide so what if I slip up like last time.

What if I end up hurting him

What if he reveals my secret

Or even worse I die because of him.

Its hard thinking about these things but I just can't just put them aside.

There are many things that could happen if he found out but luckily for me he will never find out.

-

Ethan rested all day and I stayed there for support I guess.

I took care of him the best I could taking him his pills and water for him to drink.

Its now late afternoon and he started to feel a whole lot better.

"Oh come on please let me cook for you. Its the least I can do since you stayed here all day" he pleads.

"No Ethan. Your still sick and I want you to rest" I say.

"I'm feeling better though"

"You had a fever earlier today you need rest"

"Touch my forehead its not warm"he says grabbing my hand and placing it on his forehead.