Chapter 1 - "At First Glance"

Violet Marie's POV

This was my home.

This was my safe place.

This was my everything.

But ever since I left, nothing was ever the same.

Ethan's POV

*RING*

The school bell loudly rings indicating I only have 10 minutes to get to class on time.

Two more years of high school and I'm done. I mentally repeat to myself a few times.

I mean being a junior isn't such a bad thing but being here and dealing with everything and everyone just kinda sucks. 

Everything is just so dull and ordinary. 

Around here Grayson and I are quote on quote popular being on the football team and all. And to be honest we aren't.

We are just two regular high school students just like the rest.

I always like to consider myself a humble  person, not stuck up like the others.

Yeah maybe the people I hang out with are like that but they're actually pretty nice people once you get to know them.

As i dwelled upon my thoughts, I didn't care to notice exactly where I was heading so I ended up crashing into someone whilst I walked towards my class.

The girl in front of me tenses up and kneels down to pick up the books that fell out her hands and onto the floor.

I quickly kneeled down and picked up one of her books while I mumbled my apologies for crashing into her.

I begin to get up as she does too and that's when I finally look up at her.

"My bad I didn't mean to bump into you," I rambled on handing her the book I picked up from the floor and making eye contact. 

She pushes a strand of her black hair behind her ear and allows her eyes to meet mine.

"You're fine," she says in a low voice with a slight smile forming on her lips.

After that she proceeds to walk away holding her books tightly in her arms  leaving me a bit stunned. 

I had never seen her before, but yet again I might have missed her. Highly doubt it. I would have remembered her. 

I break out of my thoughts yet again when I hear the bell ring  meaning there was only 5 more minutes before I was counted tardy. I tried brushing off what just had happened and continued to make my way to class. 

-

After some long lectures and intensive note taking, it was finally lunch time. Finally.

I made my way through the long crowded hallways into the cafeteria to find my usual lunch table. I made my way over and took a seat while I began making  conversation with the guys.