Chapter 1

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle but never break.

Adoring her reflection in the full figure mirror, Kagome twirled around in her gorgeous wedding gown. It was a plain white dress made of fine silk, with lots of frills that reached all the way down to her ankles. To match the color of her dress, a thin, transparent veil supported by a white lily was perfectly placed in her curly raven black hair. A childish grin was plastered on the girl's face, one that would not fade for a long while. This was her special day. In less than an hour, she'd be walking down the aisle to the most beautiful music one could imagine. But most importantly, he would be waiting for her at the altar. The man who would at long last become her husband. InuYasha. Yes...Their wedding day was going to be perfect.

_______________________________________________________________________________

InuYasha gawked at the unfamiliar sight in the mirror; a hanyou identical to himself was staring back at him with a sheepish look and a rosy tint coloring the apples of his cheeks. His long mane of silver hair was similar in color to the suit he was dressed in. However, his hair would soon turn as dark as the night sky once the sun set. Tonight was the night of the new moon... The night he lost his demon power and temporarily became human. Usually he hated those nights, but tonight was another case. Tonight would be different. This was perhaps the most important day of his entire life. InuYasha still couldn't quite believe that this was happening, though. He never would have thought that he'd get the chance to ask for a girl's hand in marriage. Much less a girl like Kagome.

There was a sudden knock on the door as a familiar voice called out to him, breaking his train of thought. "InuYasha, dear can I come in?" His ears flickered as he turned his head towards the door.  Kagome's mother...?

"Uh...I uh...S-sure!" stuttering, he made his way to the door of the guest room he'd been staying in for the  last couple of days. Unlocking the door, he was met by Mrs. Higurashi's smiling face as she looked him up and down. "Oh, my! you look so handsome in that attire, InuYasha!" she exclaimed happily, grabbing his hand and hurrying into the hallway. InuYasha followed right behind her, his heart beating rapidly in his chest.  "I'm sure Kagome can't wait to see you in that tuxedo! She's been talking about your proposal non-stop for the past days, " Her voice changed from chirpy to grave in mere seconds as she resumed, "but we must hurry if we're going to make it in time for your wedding ceremony!" Was he really running late for his own wedding? 

As soon as he had put on his brand new shoes, Mrs. Higurashi didn't waste any time ushering him out of the house and towards the car. It had all happened so quickly that InuYasha didn't even have time to thank her for the compliment. That was the least of his concerns, however. Because as they took off towards the location, InuYasha grew more and more nervous with every minute that passed.