CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWOON THE ROAD AGAIN

CHAPTER TWO
ON THE ROAD AGAIN

"all you have is your fire."

MORRIGAN HATED BEING TRAPPED IN A CAR WITH HER BROTHER. The drive from Alabama to Mystic Falls was about eleven hours, Myrrdín was making it feel like a lot longer than that. He was repeatedly asking how long until they got there and ten minutes into the journey he had plugged his phone into the aux cord — where he had found a taste for Nicole Scherzinger she had no idea. Her fingers were gripping the steering wheel so tightly they were almost turning white and her gaze was firmly glaring at the road ahead. None of her attempts to block out her brother's pitchy, disgusting singing were working.

He paused, allowing her to breathe a sigh of relief and thank whichever gods were listening to her pleas. Morrigan's relief did not last much longer when he opened his mouth, "Are we there yet?" He whined the window open slightly as he tried to stick his head out of the window like a dog.

"Get out," she demanded with gritted teeth, feeling the irritation in her chest begin to spark into an angry ball of fire.

He brought his head back inside of the car and frowned at her, confused. "Mor, we're driving along the highway at eighty kilometres an hour." She turned to look at him with a face that said 'and what?'.

"You're immortal," she waved her left hand dismissively, "Let's see just how much!" There was a mischievous glint in her eyes that made Myrrdín lean away towards the door. She giggled when she heard the click of her brother locking his door manually so it could not be opened by either of them.

The song playing changed to one she immediately recognised. Groaning, she leant her head against the steering wheel in exasperation. Waterfalls by TLC was blasting through her car speakers. Myrrdín squealed in a pitch so high it was a miracle she could hear it before he proceeded to belt out the lyrics with vigour. Breathing a sigh of relief, Morrigan took the turning that took them through the old country roads. After driving for a mile she turned again, so they were on a trail that looked unused.

"Get out," she said, turning off the engine and looking at her brother pointedly. When he stayed in the seat, she repeated herself, "Get out."

Myrrdín laughed, only slightly uneasy, "Are you going to kill me?" He had a horrible tendency of quoting horror movies for someone with murderous tendencies.

"God, I wish," she flung the door open, sliding her sunglasses on as she slammed it shut, "Now get out the car." Finally, he did as Morrigan had asked and stepped out of the car, watching her sceptically. She gestured for him to follow her towards where she was stood by the boot. Opening it, she curled her lip up in disgust at the smell before pulling a shovel out.