1. Falling In "Hate"

~~~
[(f/n) = first name
[(l/n) = last name
[(e/c) = eye color
[(f/c) = favorite color
[(s/c) = skin color
[(h/c) = hair color
~~~
(You)
As you stood in front of the class with quivering knees, you felt ready to pass out. You hated public speaking; all of those eyes burning into your mind and making you want to just curl up and skip the rest of the day or perhaps the rest of life.

"Hi," you said with as much friendly certitude as you could muster. You always feared judgement. "My name is (f/n) (l/n)! I uh, really hope we get to be friends." You really did want to make friends here at P.K. But you weren't sure if they would accept your optimistic and enthusiastic personality. You tried to be as welcoming as possible all the time, and people always seemed lost approachable when they were smiling and trying to keep your body from shaking wildly.

The teacher asked that you sit up front in front of a young man named Kusuo Saiki. You looked around the room to find an exotic looking boy raising his hand slowly. He wasn't smiling, so you felt nervous as you walked over.

"You came on the right day, Ms. (l/n)." the teacher told you as you sat down. You rubbed your thumbs together under your desk in apprehension. Why exactly was this "the right day"? Your question was answered when she spoke again, "Today we're doing a group scavenger hunt! So you'll get to make new friends. The name of your partner is written on the notecard inside your desk. On the back of that card is your first clue. The first team to present me with their clue and their corresponding object will win an extra five points on their next exam. As soon as you find your partner, you may begin the hunt!"

This could be fun I guess... if I'm not paired up with someone as apathetic as- "Saiki." You looked behind you to see that he was already looking at you. You didn't need your empathic gift to feel the tension in the air between the two of you. He didn't like this either, no, not one bit. I'll try to make the most out of it. Maybe we really can be good friends! But something told you it would be a cold day in Hell when this Saiki kid would give a potential friendship a try.

((I'll be using riddles from online or from movies because I'm not clever enough to come up with one on my own. You're free to answer in the comments if you wish!))

The two of you stood and looked over the shared clue on the back of each of your cards. "What instrument can you hear, but cannot see, and cannot touch?"

You looked at Saiki. He read over the riddle himself, once... twice... three times. He shrugged. "I can't figure it out, there really isn't a such instrument is there?" His voice was even callous. "Well it obviously has to do with music. Right?... Maybe it isn't an instrument at all!? Let's go to the chorus room!" Saiki nodded. You giggled and did a quite clap of excitement, thinking proudly, The answer is your voice! Since you still didn't have a good idea of the school Saiki lead you to the chorus room. The two of you looked around for the next clue. Saiki found it stuck to the wall, blending in with one of the tiles. "Here," he said. You walked over to him casually and stood on your tiptoes in a failed attempt to look over his shoulder and read the clue, but he was much taller than you and wouldn't let you see. Sheesh, why can't I see it? We're a team!

Saiki finally said, "The gymnasium." You blinked in confusion and tried to swipe the card out of his hand, but he moved it out of the way swiftly. What the hell is this guy's problem? We're supposed to be working together!
"Right. Gym. I guess I'll just follow you then." But the pinkette was already on his way out, leaving you in the dust without a second thought. Why was he so determined to leave you behind? Did he really find you that repulsive?

(Saiki)
I don't know why but this girl annoys me. Wipe that stupid smile off your face for a moment would you? Saiki decided to ignore you. He didn't like the feelings you were giving him, not one bit. He figured if he could ignore you long enough you might decide he wasn't a good friend to have and just walk away. But he could read your mind. You were determined to make him a friend deep down. I have enough 'friends' already.

(You)
The two of you were the first to finish the hunt. You presented the teacher with your item—a seashell— and your beginning cards. She wrote your names down on a slip of paper so she would remember to give you each five extra points. "Good job you two! (L/n) I do hope you made good friends with Kusuo Saiki," she said with a warm smile. "Yep," you lied. "He's very friendly." He's a dick.

Most of the time he either ignored you or would sarcastically congratulate you for figuring out a clue. You had to admit that some of his comments were funny, but otherwise he was being a jerk to you. You both took your seats. He took out a book while you just stared straight forward, words screaming in your head. You wanted to turn around and ask him what his deal was, but instead, when you turned around you said, "Great job, Saiki! That was really fun. Plus I learned my way around the school again." The pinkette gave you nothing but silence. He didn't even look up from his book a bit or give you a thumbs up. What is with this guy? I know I can be annoying but good grief, the most I did to him was sit in front of him.

"Can I ask you something?"
His eyes shifted towards you at last. "You just did." His response made you smile a little, and you went on to ask your real question. "Are you just shy or did I do something to upset you?" Your voice was friendly, cheerful, and warm. Maybe it was something I did during the scavenger hunt. Was I not inclusive enough? "Please tell me, Saiki." The boy shrugged and said, "You didn't upset me. You're just annoying. Seriously, no one smiles as much as you do." Well that hurt a little. "Oh, sorry. I'll try to smile less, I guess? Didn't know other people's happiness made you so miserable!" You grinned sarcastically. The tension between the two of you was so thick it could be cut with a knife. Of course you weren't going to stop smiling, it was what made you... well... you! Besides, at least once a week you became emotionally drained and weren't motivated to even fake a goofy grin. He wouldn't have to wait long.

"You asked, so don't act like you've been wronged."
"Hmm? Nope! You're right I did ask. Thank you so much for the feedback, Saiki." You turned around in your seat. Saiki is totally hiding his emotions. No one is that grumpy all the time... he must be a tsundere. Well... that's his problem not mine. I do feel compelled to get closer to him though, but if that's the case then why do I already dislike him so much?

I guess I'll have to wait and see where things go...