Chapter 35

"Oh my god." I covered Aria's eyes from her dad who was beaten, with blood covering his white shirt.
"Baby, take your food and eat it upstairs okay?" I instructed Aria and she did as told, not looking at her dad. "Liam, baby what happened?" I asked running up to him. I cupped his face gently, these look like knife wounds.
"I found him." He said and I frowned.
"Found who?"
"The mask." My eyes widened at that. The mask was America's most wanted cannibal, serial killer and rapist. "My first mission." He said with a smile. A tear escaped my eye.
"He did this to you?" I asked and he nodded and wiped the tear away from my eye.
"Liam, where was your team?! Why did you go alone?! Why are you not in the hospital right now?! Are you stupid?!" I shouted and he laughed.
"I haven't got a team yet, babe. And I didn't necessarily go hunting for him, I stumbled across him in the act. I didn't go to the hospital because you would be worried." He explained and I looked him deep in the eyes.
"I want to kill you." I said and he chuckled, kissing my forehead. "I'm taking you to the hospital." I said as I whipped out my phone and dialed Mia.
"Miss me already?" She answered.
"I need to take Liam to the hospital can you look after Aria, I don't want her to see him." I said and she sounded panicked as she shouted at Derek.
"Derek get your ass up we are looking after Aria, hurry up! Get Jace! Because Liam is hurt! No! Okay yes you drive." She said to Derek and I chuckled a bit. "We are on our way. Is he okay?" She asked concerned.
"He says he is, but no he's not, he looks like he is about to pass out." I said as I observed Liam as he swayed back and forth. He clutched on the wall and was going down so I dropped my phone and caught him. "Liam baby, wake up." I said as I stroked his cheek.
"I'm awake, I am just resting my eyes." He said with a faint smile. "I can't die from a few scratches and bruises babe, don't worry." He said as he caresses my cheek.
"I know you can't, and you won't, but I love you and I'm scared." I admitted and he kissed my hand.
"Don't be scared, I'm just a bit weak." He said and I shook my head, to try clear it, but it didn't work, I wanna as terrified.
"Okay we are here—holy shit Liam! Are you okay?!" Mia said as her and Derek ran in the house with Jace.
"I'm fine." Liam said with a laugh.
"He's not. Derek can you help me put him in the car?" I asked and he nodded and lifted Liam up gently. "Thank you." I said as I put one of Liam's arms around my shoulder while Derek took the other and we placed him in the car. I drove him to the hospital with speed as Liam started falling asleep. I know he wasn't tired from the loss of blood, because he didn't lose too much, but was he drugged?
I pulled up at the hospitals emergency entrance and called for help, three nurses and one doctor came to my rescue.
"Miss what happened?" She nurse asked calmly.
"My fiancé he got hurt, I think he might have been drugged because he can't keep his eyes open and he didn't seem to have lost too much blood so I know that's not the case-" I rambled, I was now out of breath and the doctor stroked my back.
"We will take a look at him and then we will decide where to go from there." The doctor said as he continued rubbing my back, making me move away from him.
"Don't touch her." Liam said through his oxygen mask and I laughed and took his hand.
"I'm going to be with you the whole time." I promised and he smiled at me and squeezed my hand.
"I know you will." He whispered as they carried him away on a stretcher. I was racing next to him and holding his hand the whole time. I looked like a mess with my hair tied into a messy bun, I was in sweatpants and one of Liam's shirts that now had blood on it.
He didn't need surgery, only a few stitches and it turns out he was drugged.
"We found traces of Flunitrazepam in his system." The doctor updated me on Liam's condition and I frowned.
"Roofie?" I asked confused. Liam frowned as the doctor gave us the intel.
"Yes, it was injected into his arm, possibly during the fight, it could have been the only defense the suspect had, besides the knife." The doctor said and Liam looked down at his arm where the injection whole was evident. "I hope you put him away, sir." The doctor said and Liam nodded.
"I did." He said and the doctor smiled.
"Those two girls...you saved them didn't you?" The doctor asked and Liam nodded. I felt extremely proud of him and I hope he felt the same, what he did was amazing. "They have been talking about you, I'm sure they would like to thank you, if you are up to it?" He offered and I smiled when I saw Liam looked surprised, happy surprised, like he was a hero, he is a hero.
"I'd love to." He said and he got up and began walking with the doctor leading us to the girls' room, he was holding my hand firmly, showing I am his and he is mine.
"Maria, Ella, this is the man who saved your life." The doctor said when he reached their room. There were police officers questioning them and one of them was crying, traumatized from what had happened.
"Ella, look." The one who wasn't crying said and pointed at Liam. Ella immediately stopped crying when she saw Liam, they both got up and hugged him. He was shocked at first, not knowing how to react, but then he hugged them back. They couldn't have been older than 16 and it broke my heart.
"Hey, Miss? Aren't you Katherine John?" Maria asked with a huge smile, I returned the smile and nodded.
"I am." I replied and she hugged me tightly.
"You are my biggest inspiration and my role model, I'm so glad I got to meet my hero!" She said as she looked up at me.
"Hero?" I asked as I chuckled.
"You saved my mom, and Rat." She said and I smiled.
Marina.