Time to Talk

Jimin looked at Namjoon with curious eyes from his spot on the bed, "Talk? About what?"

Namjoon gulped at the look, just when did he become so weak?

"Well," He started, looking up at Jimin from his position on the floor, "Last night, you," He stopped with a heavy sigh, trying to collect his thoughts.

"Wh-What?" The younger asked suddenly with wide eyes, he seemed to be a bit frightened, "Did I do something wr-wrong?"

"No, no, of course not!" Namjoon was quick to reassure him.

The small boy was to fragile for his own good.

"Well, you see," The elder tried again, "When you were falling asleep you kinda c-called me, um, something." 

Jimin glaced down at him again with another tiny panicked look, Namjoon didn't like it, that look should never cross the younger's face. Not while he's around at least.

"I-I'm sorry." Jimin said with a slight tremble in his almost inaudible voice, "Wh-What did I call y-you? W-Was it bad? I-I didn't mean to, I," He rambled frantically, stressing out more and more as he thought of the possibilities of what he could've said to his Hyung.

Namjoon leaped from the floor quickly, sitting himself beside the shaking boy and gripped his small hands in his own much larger ones.

"Jimin," He said sternly, "Jimin, listen to me. You didn't do anything wrong. Calm down, baby."

He brought a hand up and glided it over one of Jimin's puffy red cheeks, smoothing his hand over it leisurely. Jimin's breathing calmed gradually, leaning his burning face into the older man's cool hand.

"N-Nothing wrong?" Jimin questioned after he had settled out a bit more.

"Nothing's wrong, Jimin," Namjoon responded easily.

Jimin looked up at him again then, a question still lingering behind his wet eyes, "Wh-What did I s-say then?"

And Namjoon suddenly remembered why their little conversation had started.

"Oh," He sucked in a small breath, "Well, when you were falling asleep, like I said before, you-you called me...Daddy."

The horror stricken look on Jimin face told how he felt about the situation but Namjoon was confused by the tears coming to his eyes and beginning to trickle down his cheeks.

Jimin emotions were a mixture of terrified, grief, sadness and more.

What if his nice Hyung left him because he was weird? What if he never came back? What if he told on him to other people? They would all laugh at him. They would call him names. They would make fun of him.

"Jimin!" He heard the older boy calling his name but it sounded so muffled, why did he sound so far away? Was he leaving him?

Namjoon was freaking out, Jimin breathing had speeded up tenfold, he was practically hyperventilating as he sat shaking, his hands locked in placed around Namjoon's fingers, and his eyes were squeezed shut tightly.

The elder tried to think of what he could possibly do to get the younger out of it but he didn't know.

"Jimin!" He tried calling again, "Jimin. Answer me, please? C'mon, Jimin, please." He was starting to grow desperate.

He tried shaking his hands around since the other boy was holding onto them but it did no good.

"Jimin, please!" He pleaded.

Then he stopped for a second, "Baby?" He tried.

The grip on his hands loosened a little.

"Baby? Minnie? It's okay," He talked softly, leaning forward to whisper into the boy's ear instead, "I'm not mad at you. I'm right here, please calm down, baby boy."

Little by little, the signs of Jimin panicking once more went away as Namjoon's hands were freed and he reached forward to tug the smaller into his chest as he sobbed quietly.

Namjoon doesn't understand just what made him so upset.

"You have to calm down for me, okay? Okay, baby?" He spoke in a quiet and hopefully calming tone to Jimin, "Everything's okay, baby. I'm here."

Soon enough, Jimin slowly pulled himself out of Namjoon's chest, already missing the comforting warmth radiating from the man, and instead curled his arms around himself as he spoke.

"Y-You're not going t-to l-leave?" He asked shakily.

Namjoon cocked his head at him, even though the boy wasn't looking, "Now why would I do that?"

Jimin looked to him, sniffling, "B-Because I'm w-weird. A-And I called y-you D-Daddy."

Namjoon gave the younger a fond look as he petted his hand through his sleep tussled hair, "You won't get rid of me that easily, baby. And actually, I think I may not mind the name all that much, but I do have a question."

"Wh-What?" 

"Why did you call me that?"

"Well," The younger said hesitantly, "I-I don't know, really. I-It just kinda happened, I guess, I," 

"Jimin," Namjoon stopped him, "People don't just say those things without reason. Don't lie to me."

Jimin gulped audibly before starting over, "O-Okay. I-I really don't know why it s-slipped out but i-it's just cause...you act like a Daddy?" The younger was even questioning his own explanation.

"I act like a Daddy?" Namjoon smiled down at the other, amused.

"Y-Yeah. Y'know? L-Like you protect me a-and you're nice a-and you m-make the bad guys go away, you make the m-monsters go a-away." Jimin stammered throughout his words, cheeks turning a soft pink in embarrassment.

Namjoon's heart stuttered, something prone to happening around the younger, as he listened to his innocent explanation.

"So, that's why, Jimin?" He asked.

Jimin nodded his head slightly, pink cheeks still evident.

"Well, if that's the case," Namjoon said, looking at Jimin with confident eyes, "Then I don't think I'd mind being your Daddy, if you'll let me."