Chapter 1 ~ First day

Dean didn't know why he'd set his alarm clock for 6:30 in the morning, of all times. When his alarm clock blared that morning at six thirty, he slammed it off with a look of frustration mixed with regret on his face. It was the weekend before college started, in the brand new town he had moved into just two weeks prior.

Dean groaned as he stretched, the relief of stretching his muscles rushing through him. He sighed and then yawned, before turning to face his closet full of clothes.

He grabbed two jackets and a black shirt, pulled them all on, then tugged on some jeans. He closed the door of his closet before glancing at his reflection in the mirror. Assuring himself he looked fine, he walked out into the tiny kitchen of the tiny apartment he had managed to buy.

Dean had been saving money since he was 10, from birthdays or Christmases or anywhere he could get money. He had even snagged a few dollar bills out of people's wallets in his utter desperation. He had been desperate to move out since the age of 10, out from under the roof of his abusive father. And sure enough, just weeks after Dean graduated high school, he managed to purchase an apartment in a small town on the opposite side of Kansas. He had quite quickly packed all of his and his brother's stuff, and had dragged his younger brother with him to the apartment.

It was tiny with bad plumbing and the constant smell of cats, but Dean managed to live there just fine. Any place with his brother but without his father was an amazing place indeed.

Speaking of his brother, Dean peeked his head into Sam's room, only to see Sam sleeping soundly in his bed. Dean smiled and quietly closed the door, before turning his attention to the kitchen.

Dean fixed himself a measly breakfast of cereal, downing all off it in an incessant hunger. After spending most of his savings on buying the apartment and paying all necessary bills, Dean barely had anything left for food. Of course, he had taken up two different jobs, one at a McDonalds nearby and the other at a library, working as a library assistant. Both were rather boring jobs, but Dean was glad to have them. But since neither of them paid very well, he barely had enough money to scrape by.

Dean grabbed the bag he had bought to carry his school stuff in, and piled his textbooks and pencils into it. He checked the clock, seven am.
Dean heaved his bag over his shoulder, and opened the door. He turned, glanced briefly at Sam's room, then locked the front door behind him.

Dean climbed into his car, and after placing his school bag on the ground, began the twenty minute drive to the college he was to attend.
As Dean drove, he turned on the radio, trying to find some rock song to listen to. Finally, he settled on Back in Black by AC/DC, and lip synced the song as he drove along.

He reached the college in exactly twenty minutes, right on time. He shut his door and locked the car, before he made his way to the main office so he could get his schedule and dorm room. As he reached the front door of the college, he looked up at the college in awe. Sighing, he opened the door and walked inside the large building.

The main office was fairly easy to find, and the halls weren't too crowded, with only a few college kids finding their dorms. Dean walked into the main office and walked to a woman sitting at a computer.

"Name?" She questioned, not even glancing up to look at Dean.

"Dean Winchester."

The woman bit her lip in concentration as she scanned her computer screen. "Ah, here you are. Your dorm is room 242, you have a roommate." The woman printed out Dean's schedule and handed it to him, along with a map of the dorms. "School starts on the 25th. You'll need to move in tomorrow."

"Thank you." Dean spoke before walking out with his schedule. He got back into his car and dialed his father figure, Bobby, who was living in the town Dean was staying in.