𝙏 𝙃 𝙄 𝙍 𝙏 𝙀 𝙀 𝙉

Chapter 13
I woke up the next day happy. I had a good dream and last night ended amazingly. And then everything came rushing back to me. My mom. Peter. The Secrets. Uh, and I have to go to school today. I got up and took a shower, getting ready and doing the usual. I was trying to think of how I could stay away from Peter, taking different routes through the school. Though I did want to talk to MJ. I feel like she was genuine with me, and may have not known.

I walked out saying by to Adam, and ignoring my dad. I had an apple in my hand, a camera in the other and my earbuds were in. I couldn't really hear my surroundings besides the occasional sirens and yells. When I was able to block everything out around me, and be in my own element I always felt a lot better. I didn't have to worry for just a few minutes, before I was brought back to reality. I was looking around the street. I had about 15 minutes until school started, so I took my time getting there. I lived pretty close so I never had to rush to get there. I took some pictures of the crowds of people, satisfied with my work. Just as I was about to put my camera in my bag, I saw a flash of red and blue dash in the air. I immediately turned the camera back on and tried getting a decent shot of him. I did end up getting one. He was letting go of one web and shooting the other. And the picture wasn't that blurry either, so that was a bonus. I then continued my walk to school feeling happy with the shots that I was able to get.

Walking in I kept my head down, and went a different way to my locker. I bumped into a few people, but just continued making my way down the hallway. Luckily I got to my locker fairly quick and without being spotted. Dang, I sound like a spy. Taking out my books, and putting some in, I closed my locker and started to head to homeroom. But with my luck, I bump into another person, my stuff falling to the ground.
" Shit, sorry" I say as I bend down to get my stuff.
" Don't worry your fine" They say while helping me collect my stuff. Once we stand back up I look up to see who I bumped into.
Peter.
Damn luck.
" Amelia.." He said, thinking of what to say next. I was frozen. I wanted to run as far away as I could from him, but the look in his eyes made my body freeze.
" C-can we talk?" He asked.
" Peter, I really don't want to do this right now"
" Please Amelia, why aren't you answer my text or calls. I don't know what I did!!" He said, looking into my eyes deeply.
" You should know" I said and walked off. Tears burned in the back of my eyes threatening to fall. But I pushed the feeling down, and just kept walking.

I made it through most of the day, and I think Peter got the message. He didn't try to talk to me and he hadn't texted me all day. It was free period and I was outside at the tables. I just texted MJ to see if I could talk to her. She said she was on her way, and would be there soon. In the meantime I was working on some of my math homework. I was about to start a problem when I saw MJ sit across from me. I stopped what I was doing and looked at her. She had her binder, and a book, just like usual.
" Hey, what's up? You seem distant lately" She asked.
" I-I don't really know what to do" I said softly, looking down at my hands.
" Know what to do about what?"
" I was at my locker yesterday, getting stuff for class, the usual. Then Sally and her minions came up to me and told me that my parents were paying Peter to be my friend. I don't know how they know but I just don't know who to trust or what to do"
" Oh. So that's what Peter was so upset about at lunch. He wouldn't stop talking about you, and how he felt really bad"
" So it's true?" I said, feeling a wave of sadness wash over me.
" Hell no. Those bitches make up shit day after day just to get under people's skin"
" Wait, so I have been a complete bitch to Peter over something that wasn't even true?" I asked.
" Apparently so, you should go talk to him" She said.
" Oh my god, I feel so bad. I've got to find him" And with this I started to pack my stuff up.
" Thank you so much MJ, I don't know what would have happened without you talking to me"
" Anytime girl" She said. I gave her a quick hug and started to walk away when I heard her yell
" Go get your man!!" She said. A small blush rose to my cheeks while running into school thinking of where Peter would be. I went to the library first and searched it head to toe. Nothing. He wasn't outside with me, and I peeped in the gym to see if he was there. Still nothing. Free period was almost over, so I didn't have much time left. I was heading to his locker to see if he was there. And he was. But with someone else.
Gwen.
I stopped in my tracks, just starring at them. They were talking and she was smiling and laughing, and he was too. I heard a brief " See you then Pete!" And then she walked off and waved back at him. I was about to turn around, knowing my chance of getting him back was gone. How could I have been so stupid. My chest tightened and I could just feel my heart slowly breaking into pieces. But before I could move his eyes met mine, and I felt a tear role down my cheek. He starred at me, and whispered my name while walking towards me. But I quickly wiped it away, and with a swift movement turned around and started walking away. I heard him call my name, but that just saddened me more.