Epilogue /Happy Birthday/

Start from the beginning

The clergy said some other words but I wasn't paying attention it wasn't until Louis leaned up and pressed his lips to mine did it finally hit.

We were married.

________________

"Remember when I got my first and only tattoo? It was just a surprise for you. You loved it though."

________________

"Marcel where have you been?" Louis demanded when he opened the door. "You never texted or called I was so worried!" He said his tone softening.

I just smiled at him and quickly walked to our room.

"Look." I said softly, and began to take off my grey shirt.

"Wh-" his words died on his mouth. I looked up and saw his mouth was open and his eyes were darkening.

"This ones you, and this ones me." I whispered, I grabbed his hand and place it gently on my chest so he can feel the imprint. It hurt but I didn't care.

"You got tattoos?" He asked.

"Yeah, they represent us, they'll never go away just like my love for you." I told him. His smile grew and he leaned up to kiss me.

"You're so perfect." He said. I blushed and kissed him back. I felt his fingers trace over the bird tattoos that were on my chest.

He had one that represented me, and I had two that represented us.

________________

"We didn't get Daisy until 15 years later, not until we were ready. I remember your smile that day, when we first saw her. Her little curls and bright blue eyes just like yours. She was the most precious thing in the world, and we loved her and she grew up fine. She still is fine, married now, with two babies of her own. You kept your promise though, did I ever tell you that if there was one thing I always loved about you even after those first few encounters all those years ago? Well it was your eyes, the beautiful ocean hues that shined with light and life. I never did get enough of them, when you laughed they brightened and crinkled at the side. They never seemed to dull out, not even when you got sick. So when they didn't open back up and shine for me that last day, a part of me died with you."

________________

"Lou, please. You're going to get better." I said in a choking voice. Louis grinned softly his eyes never losing their shine even if his grip on me softened every few hours.

They said there wasn't any hope, it was too late.

"No, it's okay babe." He whispered. I bit back a sob, it's been 30 years and he still calls me that. "I deserve it, I was so bad early in life it's only fair." He said.

"Don't ever say that! You can't let me go, you can't leave!" I begged him.

He smiled warmly, "Don't worry, I'll always look after you, even if I'm not here."

I shook my head. "No! You can't leave me, who's going to make me laugh? What about Daisy? Please you're not going to leave not now." I told him. He touched my face with his gentle features and for a second I saw the younger part of him, the mischievous part that never died.

At the mention of her name our daughter looked up, she understood what was happening, she was fifteen. "Daddy?" She whispered. At the sound of her voice Louis looked around and found her sitting on a chair.

"Honey, it's okay." He said softly, that was the only way he spoke now, her blue eyes shined with tears and she sobbed into her hands. He frowned seeing her like that. "Honey, don't cry. It's okay, I'm okay. You gotta promise me one thing okay sweety?" He asked. She nodded wiping her tears.