Chapter 7

I woke up to my phone ringing. Kyle. I internally groaned and picked it up.
E: Hello?
K: Good morning. How are you doing?
E: Kyle, It's 8:30. You woke me up.
K: Well sorry but I thought you'd like to come have breakfast with me before I head to the theatre.
E: You do know that I don't live in the city, right?
K: Yes I know. I'm on the train to New Jersey now.
E: Ugh fine. I'll meet at the train station.
K: Awesome. See you then.
E: Bye.

Ugh now I actually have to get ready. I hop into the shower and begin my morning routine. When I'm done, I dry my hair, get dressed and put on some light makeup. I go downstairs to see my mom cooking breakfast.

"Hey honey. Want some pancakes?"

"No, I'm meeting Kyle for breakfast. He's coming to town."

"Oh okay then. Be careful."

"I will mom. Oh so there is an audition to replace Ashely Park on Broadway in Mean Girls on Saturday and I signed up so I have an audition Saturday."

"Oh. That's great honey. You'll be amazing. Is Kyle going to coach you for that too?" She laughed.

"No mom. No favoritism. I'm doing this fair and square. Solely me."

"Good. I'm proud of you. Alright now go. Have fun!"

"Love you!" I got in my car and drove to the train station. I shot Kyle a text so he knows I'm here and waited inside. Okay so it's been about 20 minutes since the train should get in but he's still not here yet. 40 minutes. 1 hour. He finally arrived.

"Hey Emme!"

"Hey Kyle!" We hugged and got into my car.

"So, have you given any thought to the audition?"

"Yep. I'm gonna do it."

"I can't wait!! It's going to be awesome. I totally know you're going to get the part. I could even help coach you."

"I appreciate that. Really I do. Except I kinda want to do this fairly. Do you know what I mean?"

"Not really no."

"I want to be able to say that I got the role based off of me, myself, and I. Not because I had a member of the cast coach me on what I should and shouldn't do because they know the casting staff."

"That makes sense. I get it. If I helped you, you would never really know if you got it based on your talent."

"Exactly. Thank you for understanding. You're the best."

"So I've been told." We both laughed and continued to talk until we arrived at a diner for breakfast.

"Okay. So this is my favorite diner and I'm starving so I'm really excited to go eat."

Kyle laughed. "Alright. Sounds like a plan. Let's go." We went in and got a booth in the back of the restaurant. I got scrambled eggs and pancakes and Kyle got an omelette and hash browns with bacon. We ate our food, talked about life and other stuff (veryyyy specific, shut up ;) hope you got my reference), paid and got back into my car. I drove Kyle back to the train station. We said our goodbyes and he went to go do his show that night.

Later that night, I got a text from him.

K: Hey, so your audition is as I said at 10:00 on Saturday and all you have to do is show up. I registered you and everything. Also it's at Ripley-Grier Studios and make sure you arrive a little early. Good luck! You'll do amazing. Can't wait to work with you soon!!
E: Ahhhh! Thanks so much! Fingers crossed.
K: You got this

*Time Skip to Saturday*
It's audition day! I got up bright and early. Like really early. Like 6:00 early. I just couldn't sleep. I got ready and left by 8:00. I took the bus into the city and arrived at Ripley-Grier Studios at 8:45. I rode the elevator up to the floor and waited outside the audition room. I checked in and waited until my group was called. I got up and walked into the room. Alright. Here we go.....