Chapter 1

I finally got home after a stressful day at school and plopped on my couch. I turned Netflix on and began to watch Newsies: The Broadway Musical as I did my homework. Senior year. My last year of high school. My last year of this hell hole and then I could go off to my dream college and pursue musical theatre and work towards my one goal since I was seven: Broadway. I know, a pretty big goal. I focused back to the TV to see the newsies perform carrying the banner and immediately got chills. Newsies is my favorite musical but unfortunately I never got to see it in theatre so I watch the movie version all the time.

"Hey I'm home." my mom called from the kitchen. I paused the movie and met her in there. "So it's just us tonight. Dad has plans. Wanna order Chinese?" I nodded when I noticed an envelope sitting on the table.

"Hey mom, what's this?" I asked.

"Well they're for your birthday but you can open it now I suppose considering it is in a couple days." I opened the envelope to see two tickets to Mean Girls on Broadway. I was speechless.

"Oh my gosh mom, I don't know what to say. Thank you so much! When are they for?"

"This Saturday. Let Kyle know your coming. He might remember you." So Kyle Selig, you may know him as Aaron Samuels in Mean Girls on Broadway, helped coach me for my audition at Carnegie Mellon about three weeks ago. We set up a face-time session and he gave me pointers and told me what he did for that. Grey Henson happened to walk in and being a CMU alumni, he offered some advice too.

"Sure, but I doubt it." I went up to my room and decided to send him an email

Hello Kyle,

I'm not quite sure if you remember me, but my name is Emme Shields and you helped coach me for my CMU audition about three weeks ago. Anyway, I am coming to see the show this Saturday and just thought I'd reach out. Hope I get to meet you in person at the stage door.

Sincerely,
Emme

And sent. Now we just wait for a response. I shut off my computer and watched Netflix until I fell asleep.

——————————————
Authors Note:
Hey guys!! So this is my first story so if you could give me some feedback and let me know what you think, that'd be great!! xoxo