Our Affair: Chapter Four

Start from the beginning

I was now looking up at my mom’s worried eyes, “I love you too mom.” I said softly and her face broke out in a big grin.

“Aww!” she squealed and gave me a bear hug. I sighed relaxing into my mother’s touch.

“Ok. Ok. Enough with the bounding time.”

“We need more of these. Like go to the movies like we used too. My big boy is a senior and you’re not a baby anymore.” She said as we both got off my bed. She didn’t seem bothered by the fact that I was only in briefs.

“Yeah.” I said softly feeling awkward not by the fact that I’m only in my underwear in front of my mom no but the fact that she was about two seconds to crying and then rushing to my dad telling him she wanted another baby or a dog. Both were big fat ‘NO’s. “Well I guess I need to get ready for school.” I said but my mom didn’t get the memo.

“Need to be alone with the door closed to get ready for school.” My mom finally got it and blushed looking down at her feet.

“Oh yes! I’m sorry! I- uh- I’ll just leave that to you.” She said as she left closing the door behind her. I sighed shaking my head.

Not only did I not solve my problem with River but now my mom might think I’ve gone crazy.

~

“Where were you this morning!?”  Lauran asked me off the back as I sat down at our lunch table. Which were with a few of my classmates Lauran’s friends and River right on her right side holding hands like two love birds.

“I was busy.” I said softly. “Had a long day yesterday.”

“Really?” she smiled and from the look she gave me told me she thought I had myself a boyfriend.

“Let’s stop right here.” I said putting up my hand from talking anymore, “This doesn’t involve another person.” I said and she frowned. She sighed and shrugged letting go of River’s hand to put her curly brown locks up into a bun.

“Whatevas. You need yourself a lover. That’s your problem.” She said smiling at River who returned the smile. Like he forgot all what happened yesterday. Was it just a onetime thing? Was my feelings just a game to him?

“Well some of us aren’t as lucky as you Lauran.” I said a little too harsh. Lauran turned to me frowning. Everyone was looking at me at our table now. “I’m not the only one who thinks this Lauran.” Unable to stop myself. “S-Some time you can be such a- such a-”

“Such a what Dustin?” she asked and glared at me with her ice queen blue eyes but I wasn’t going to back down.

“Such a fucking bitch.” I shouted at her. I didn’t bother to pick up my untouched food and just grabbed my stuff and just left. I don’t know why I just suddenly had an outburst but it wasn’t fair. Life wasn’t fair I knew that. But still what was so great about Lauran for her to have the perfect life. Loving parents, a nice home, a loyal- well semi-loyal boyfriend, and everyone loving her.

It just wasn’t fair.

I went to the only place where I knew would be empty. The art room. I stopped at the door praying that it was unlocked and it was. I sighed in relief as I walked in and closed the door behind me. But I wasn’t the only one who was in there.

“Art room is for art club members only.” The person said with his back towards me. He was wearing a white shirt with old overalls on which were covered in splatters of pain and same with the white shirt. The guy had black hair and tanned skin and paint on the back of his neck as he stood in front of a large paper with splatters of different colors on it.