Our Affair: Chapter Two

Chapter Two!

I want more votes and comments if you want the next chapter

Who do you think looks more like Dustin Matthias Lauridsen or Jackson Rathbone leave it in a comment.

"Don't tell Lauran," River said as we sat in his kitchen. We've just started his tutoring sessions two weeks after Mr. Jordan asked me to help River. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement since Lauran always bragged about how smart of a boyfriend she had. I didn't blame him from wanting to hide it from Lauran. Not only was she beautiful but she was smart also. "If she knew....she would probably laugh in my face." River looked at me with those beautiful green eyes giving me a perfect puppy dog face.

"Don't worry about it your secret is safe with me." he smiled at me and relief washed all over his face, "So let's getting it cracking." I smiled pulling out my large notebooks filled with notes and blank piece of papers and a mechanical pencil and a large eraser.

~

About two hours later I knew where River stood in Mr. Jordan's class. Not only was he having trouble but he really didn't understand a thing going on it that class, "So do you understand this problem now?" I asked. River frowned and looked at the problem.

"Wouldn't you move the A over the 5?" he asked me looking at me with hopeful eyes. I smiled and nodded, "Seriously?" he asked and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yes. You got it right." I said and he jumped up.

"Damn! This shit is hard." He said taking his seat, "Can we take a break?" he asked and I nodded, "Can I get you anything? My mom would kill me if I didn't ask a guest for anything to eat or something?"

"Coffee will be fine." I said as I watched him walk over to his freezer. I was now looking at his attire. He was wearing a grey tank top that was hugging his athletic body perfectly while wearing loose fitting gym shorts. He was a work of art really.

"Is black coffee ok?" I snapped out of my drooling and smiled softly nodding, "You know Dustin first time I started dating Lauran I thought you hated me." River said as he poured the black beans in the pot with his back towards me. When I didn't say anything River kept talking, "I asked Lauran and she said that you were just friends and nothing much about it."

"We are just friends." I said and he nodded still not looking at me.

"Well yeah but anyway. What I'm trying to get at. Let's be friends." River turned around looking uneasy, "I mean to make Lauran happy. And we hang out most of the time anyway so it only makes sense if we become friends." I frowned listening to him. River poured me a cup of coffee and handed it to me, "If that's ok with you."

I took a long sip of the warm liquid allowing it to warm my body all the way, "Sure. What could be the harm of that," Of course my heart breaking even more. I looked up to see River smiling.

"Awesome! I thought I was going to have to beg you to be my friend." He said as he leaned his back against the counter smirking at me. I could feel my cheeks heat up. Beg? Oh my gosh I would love for him to beg for me to go out with him. Just one date that's all I'm asking for!

"You got to be kidding me," I laughed shaking my head hiding behind my hoodie. River shook his head and leaned on the counter smiling at me. We were so close that I could see some of his facial hair growing on his chin. It was kind of sexy on him. "What?" I sat back feeling the need not to be too close to him. It was like he could hear my heart beating wildly in my chest.

"Nothing." He smiled, "Just remembered the time you got hit by that ball. I seriously thought I was getting lucky with a cute girl." I frowned. "That's a compliment!" he reassured me.