Our Affair: Chapter Three

Chapter Three!!

I know it's been awhile and i'm sorry i hope you guys like it leave a vote or comment either would be fine and both would be AWESOME!!!

“Dustin,” I turned around to see Lauran pouting against her pillow. I frowned moving away from my English paper to give my best friend my undivided attention. Lauran was wearing her PJs which was were Spiderman pants and matching tank top. “Why haven’t we hung our lately?” she asked catching me off guard.

Because I’ve been secretly seeing your boyfriend to help him tutor him.

“Because I’ve been busy.” I said which was sort of the truth. Half way the truth but I don’t care. I’ve always wanted someone as great as River but of course my best friend got him. “Besides don’t you have a boyfriend?” I asked turning back to the computer to type away my paper which I would probably get a low A on without even trying.

“Yeah I do but it’s not the same! How am I supposed to talk to River about the things I don’t like or like about him!?” she asked me raising her hands in the sky like a crazy person. I shrugged.

“I wouldn’t know. Single remember?” I pointed to my chest and Lauran smiled.

“Yeah I know. I know. But seriously I need to talk to you!”

“What?” I asked not turning away from the computer. I didn’t want to hear how great River treated her and how he said I love you to her countless times. It wasn’t fair.

“Can you stop staring at the computer and just look at me for a moment please!!” I stood still for a moment and sighed turning around to face her, “Thank you!” she smiled and then got quiet. Her cheeks were tinted red.

“Are you going to tell me what’s going on or do I have to read your mind?” I asked her being a little smart but I didn’t care.

“Could you?”

“No.” I sighed and got up from the comfortable chair popping my back into place. “I got to go. I have something important to do tomorrow,” like seeing your boyfriend behind your back. But really how would it be if me and River did make that kind of relationship? I would probably die from happiness and then die from the guilt of hurting my best friend.

I could just see myself begging for Lauran to forgive me but I knew Lauran wasn’t the forgiving type. “What’s wrong? You look like you’re about to cry?” Lauran brought me out of my deep depression looking at me with worry in her eyes.

“It’s nothing.” I said softly wiping my eyes to find that I was indeed crying. That’s how much I feared of Lauran hatting me. To have the only person who knew the real me come to hate me. “I just got to go.” I said and waved before she could question me and then I would be forced to confuse my undying love with River.

But I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.

~

“What’s wrong?” I jumped at the sound of River’s voice. We were sitting in a public library going over his latest test but my heart wasn’t in it and River noticed it. “Is tutoring me that hard?” he was trying to lighten up the tension in the air and I couldn’t help but smile. But I didn’t allow it to last that long because it would only hurt me in the long run.

“It’s nothing just had a bad day yesterday.”

“You want to talk about it?”

“No.” making the tension much darker. I sighed, “Let’s look all your mistakes.” I said changing the subject. River seemed glad to have the change also.