5

Alex's pov

"Have you changed you mind yet about ruining the wedding?" Ethan asked as he threw himself on the couch whilst turning the TV on. His eyes were now glued to the show Rick and Morty on the TV and I took this chance to roll my eyes at him always doing this. He comes to my house, lays on the couch and watch cartoons. He's a flipping adult now for goodness sake! And I feel like a mother trying to raise him, but unfortunately he makes it so damn hard to look after him.

On another note thought, Im suprsied that show is still streaming.

"You really think I would do that?" I rhetorically asked. "There's no way im going to let them lawfully be together forever" I said and pushed him to sit up straight so I can join him. Hearing people say that rose and joey are meant to be is not joy to my ears. I had her first back in school. I had her first kiss. She crushed on me and I blew it! I feel in the need for a second chance because it doesn't really make it fair for me how I fell for her later and she just so happens to get a boyfriend. Just my luck.

"Why don't you want them to be together?" He asked. "Don't you love her?"

"Of course I do. If I had her I would probably do anything for her and everything she deserves" I grinned and looked up to the TV for no good reason because all I was thinking about was her.

"They say if you love them let them go and be happy" ethan nudged the side of me, making me regain my focus.

"But im willing to hold on go her because I care about her." I sad and looked at him. "I wouldn't let her go because this world can get crazy sometimes. I don't want her to mix with the wrong people or get in the hands of trouble. I want to protect her" if I were hers, I'd probably be the most greedy boyfriend. Not in a bad way though. I just want her all to myself.

I heard ethan sigh and felt him lay back onto the couch. "I cant really argue why that. But what i do know is that you don't always need to be the one to protect her. Joey could always do that."

"He doesn't really do a great job at it" I seethed and leaned forwards, resting my elbows on my knees and chin on my palms as I pouted. What is he? Wendy from peter pan? Well joey, let me be your tinkerbell and I will show you who was by peters side before you came skipping along.

"Sometimes holding on can cause more damage" Ethan patted my back. "Whatever you do, just know that you should think about how others feel as well. They have feelings too" he said and got up. "Im going to crash here for tonight. May's parents don't like me too much and I don't really want to cause tension" he explained

"I don't mind. My mum is coming home in a minute though so don't get comfy. she might kick you out before you even have time to reach the guest bedroom." I informed him

"Why does every parents hate me" he groaned in frustration

"Oh and don't forget to call May about it. She might get worried" I added.

As soon as I heard his door close, I turned off the TV and sighed. I never knew I would come to this. Obsessing over a girl who is about to get married to the person she loves. What does she see in him? What's so good about him that makes her feel at home when she's with him?

You don't know how much pain I feel about this whole situation. I cant be with her. I also cant be with anyone else without thinking about her. She's not mine though.