7. {Stubborn}

When the sky's blue, I don't know what to think about with you.

Zack Villere - Bloo
~~~

"Dad, I'm going to hang out with some friends," I said as I changed from the outfit I had on for school to black ripped jeans and a dark red hoodie. "I thought you wouldn't do anything stupid for the last few hours," he said looking at my outfit. "We're not gonna do anything stupid, we're just gonna chill and hang at Pop's," I said mentally rolling my eyes. "Okay, but be careful." "I will, dad," I said and kissed his cheek and walked out the door. I immediately check my phone and text Sweet Pea.

You:
I'm out, meet you at Sunnyside?

Sweets:
Sure, see you there Princess.

I walk towards the trailer park and immediately see the three serpents. "Hey losers," I greet them. "Hey, you Northside dork," Toni says and walks towards me and hugs me. "So, where are we heading?" I ask, because I know we're not just gonna go to Pop's. "The quarry, don't worry, I have an extra bikini," Toni answers and I sighed in relief. "Okay, let's get rolling," Fangs says and they start their motorcycles while I sit behind Sweet Pea. He starts his cycle and we head to the quarry.

"Okay, how are we gonna do this?" I ask laughing a little Toni as she hands me her extra bikini. "Simple," she says as she grabs a towel and turns us around. She covers my back with the towel. The boys were already swimming, but we let them be. I changed into my bikini pretty fast, so we got in the water. Toni was in a dark purple bikini as I was in a baby blue one. I immediately dive in the water to get used to the water. As I got up the surface I heard the boys cheering. "What are you cheering about?" I ask and Sweet Pea shrugs. "That dive was pretty good," he casually says and I put my hand on my chest to act hurt. "You think that was good? Well, mister, I am one of the best divers in Riverdale," I say playfully flipping my wet hair. "Oh really? Then I dare you to dive from that cliff over there," he says pointing at a pretty high cliff and I scoff. "No problem," I say and I make my way to the cliff. As I pray to myself to don't look down, my idiotic ways gets the best of me and I'm shocked that it's pretty high. "Hey, how deep is the water there?" I yell pointing at the place I'm gonna dive. "Deep enough for Toni to swim in it," Fangs yells back and I laugh as Toni hits him on the shoulder. I take a deep breath, look one more time down and exhale while jumping. I heard cheering while my body meets the water faster than I expected. I come out the water to be met by the three serpents still cheering. I playfully bow at their actions. "Thank you. I want to thank my dad and everyone who supports me," I say like I won an Emmy award and they start to laugh. "Not bad, Mel," Sweet Pea says and I raised an eyebrow. "Done with Princess?" I ask and he shrugs. "Maybe," he says and smiles. No, not a grin, not a smirk, a smile. A genuine smile. I smile back at him. Time flies by as the four of us still play in the water and once in a lifetime, I feel free. I feel like Archie never did anything stupid, I feel like dad never got shot or even Jason by his own father. I feel like a teenager hanging out with her friends doing stupid shit, and it feels amazing. As it begins to be evening we make our way out of the water. Toni and I do the same method as the boys dry themselves. My hair was still wet so I put my hood over it. I stare at the place as the other three pack all things. "I know, it's beautiful," Sweet Pea says walking up to me standing beside me. "No, it's just that I think this was the best day of my life because here-" "You forgot about your worries," Sweet Pea ends looking at me. "Yeah," I sat turning my gaze towards him. "Hey love birds, any chances we're gonna go to Pop's today?" Fangs asks from his cycle. "We're not love birds," Sweet Pea and I exclaim turning to Fangs. "Sure," he says sarcastically. I sit at the back of Sweet Pea again and we make our way to Pop's.

In Pop's we only see a few people, but I couldn't care less. We ordered our food and sat in a booth. It seemed quiet in the booth so we were definitely making noise until I saw a certain redhead. "Guys, quiet down," I said whispering and they surprisingly did when they saw Archie with Jughead. I gave the guys a 'should we get out of here?' look and they nodded. We asked to take the rest of the food to-go and we made our way out of Pop's. "Why was Archie with Jughead, what were they doing?" I ask immediately and they just shook their heads not knowing the answer. "Well, it seems pretty late, so I'm gonna go," I said and they nodded. I hugged them all goodbye and walked my way to my house. "Thought you would go home earlier," my dad says as I enter the house. "Sorry dad, I should have called, but they had other plans then just go to Pop's." "Well, I couldn't blame you, kid, but call me next time," he said and I nodded and walked upstairs.

A/N: Mel when Archie walked into Pop's when she was hanging with Sweet Pea, Toni and Fangs:

Didn't update for a long time, so yeah. I'm sick, school's a bitch, season three in 13 days.