2. {Silent Treatment}

In the Vegas lights, where villains spend the weekend. The deep end. We're swimming with the sharks until we drown.

Panic! At The Disco - Vegas Lights
~~~
If I got a dollar every time I would be pissed at Archie, I could buy my own house right now. The last few hours were rough. I couldn't sleep, because everything that went down the last few hours, I was giving Archie the silent treatment even though I wanted to scream in his face for at least three whole hours and mostly I couldn't get that stupid Sweet Pea out of my head. I mean, in my frustration I would just think about him and the difference when he talked to me and Archie and that stupid fucking smirk. I wanted to punch him in the face if he does that to me.

I sighed as I walked out of the door with Archie not looking his way and my music blasting in my ear until I saw Kevin. I pulled out one earbud and lowered my volume. "Hey Kev, what's up?" I said to him as he walked up to us. "Not much." And we kept walking. Again, if I could have a dollar for everytime I had an silent awkward walk with someone, I could get the heck out of this town. "Okay, you two don't talk to each other, what's wrong?" He said and I sighed. "My brother's an idiot," I said. "My sister's crazy," he responded. "Yeah, we all know that, what fight did you get in?" He asked looking at us. "It all started when Archie pulled a gun at a Serpent," I said in a sing song kind of way. "What?! You know that that sort of things gets Mel mad," he said pointing his finger at Archie. Before Archie could say anything Betty came out of her house and came up to us. "Hey guys, um, Kevin would you mind?" She asked my best friend and I knew where this was going. Kevin stepped aside and went through his phone. "I got another call from the Black Hood," she whispered. "Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded. "I have to cut people out of my life, starting Jughead," she said terrified. "You're gonna break Jughead's heart," I said feeling bad for my friend. "That's why I wanted to ask you two to do it, if I do it he'll break completely," she said and I shook my head. "I don't know, but I planned to see Jughead, we didn't see each other since he moved," I said. "I'm coming with you, even if you hate me I won't let you go to the Southside alone," he said and I crooked a smile. Even though I don't talk to him, his caring side gets the best out of him and me. "Thank you guys," Betty thanked us and I give her a hug. "Kev! You can come," I exclaimed and Kevin joined again while we walk to school.

"Okay, you're the only one I'm telling this to, Kev, if I hear rumours I'll come after you," I said a little threatening and he throws up his hands in surrender. "So, when the Serpents were at my house there was this one guy-" "Don't even think about it, you know how Joaquin and I ended," he said. "Kevin, look at me, don't you think I tried?" I exclaimed. "Yeah, you look like a hot mess," he said. "Okay, thank you, but I can't get this Sweet Pea out of my head, his brown eyes, his jet black hair and that fucking smirk," I groaned and Kevin snickered. "It's called attraction, Mel," He said. He did have a point, that guy seemed very mysterious and I always like that in a guy. Not an open book, but an unsolved puzzle. But I doubt I'll see him any time soon, but I do want to apologize about my stupid brother and the mistakes he made. I got my books and walked with Kevin to biology.

~After School~

We walked to Sunnyside Trailer Park and I can already see Jughead. "Jug! You're not dead," I exclaimed as I ran up and basically tackled him. We got up and he looked at us in shock. "Mel? Archie?" "We gotta talk Jug," Archie says and I backed up. "Uh now's not a good time, you two gotta go," he said and Archie tried to argue with him and I just wondered why. "What the hell do we have here?" A fimiliar voice said and I turned around seeing Sweet Pea. "They were just leaving." "Wait you're friends with these thugs?" Archie asked and I visibly rolled my eyes at what he said. "It's not what you think." "Are you joining the Serpents?" My brother asked and I had to hold back a smile, because I immediately knew why. "To survive and go ahead and call us thugs one more time," Sweet Pea said and I swear that was hot. Damnit Amelia, stop it. "Jughead, these are the guys who attacked me and Mel and Veronica and Reggie, your friends." "I never remembered myself being attacked by a serpent, but I don't have a say in this apparently," I chimed in and I swear I heard Sweet Pea chuckle, but I didn't glance at him. "Is that why you're here, to warn me?" "No, I came here to tell you to stay away from Betty, she doesn't wanna see you anymore" Archie answered. Wow, harsh. "Screw you, I saw Betty yesterday she was fine," Jughead said trailing off his words. "No dude, she's been wanting to break up with you for weeks. She's been agonizing over it. Since you crossed to the dark side," I narrowed my eyes at my brother and I could feel Sweet Pea do the same, "she couldn't bring herself to do it." "So she brought you, she would never do that!" Jughead exclaimed and it broke my heart, him and Betty are the sweetest couple and basically my OTP. "If you don't believe me, call her," he said back, "and feel free to tell her you're a serpent now too, she'll love that. She saw where you headed Jughead, we all did. And she knows you can't be with them and her. I mean, come on man, you know it too," he ended. Seeing Jughead in the state he was broke my heart as one of his closest friends and I know it. "Tell Betty I got the message," he said now seeming stone cold. "Yeah," he said. Archie walked away through the Serpents and Jughead furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Aren't you-" "I'm your best friend, I know you do it for your dad and in this day and age you have to pick a side, I'll always be by your side no matter what the fuck your labeled as," I said and he nodded and turned. "What? Did you enjoy the show?" He exclaimed. "The show hasn't even started yet," Sweet Pea said crossing his arms.  

A/N: Mel tackling Jughead like: