Chapter 9: New mission

I felt the hot sun beat down on my skin, legs cycling in a run with Araca and Skyler at my side. After Skyler pulled us away from the chamber of secrets she rushed us out the door almost so fast I almost wasn't able to grab my scarf. "Brad says he needs us for something he said get over there as soon as possible." As we ran we saw some protesters with signs, on them "Kill all Androids" and "Death to Androids."I haven't gone out much recently but apparently, tons of Androids have gone rouge recently and that must've been the cause for that protest.

"What do you need Brad?" We asked standing against the same wall as our last mission briefing. "Well, I need you for a mission. are you healed enough?" He said walking too close to me for comfort. "Ya, I'm healed ENOUGH. But just a mission? Skyler made it sound like you were dying or something." I said stepping away from him and glancing at Skyler. It sounded like Skyler was about to speak in her defence but Brad couldn't stop talking. "Well it is special, this will be your first rank six mission!" He said cheerfully getting up in my face again. "Rank six?" I yelled surprised "Yep and I'll debrief you." he said in an even more impossibly cheerful tone. "Yes, I can finally show my skill," I said. "Well you won't be going alone of course you'd probably be dead pretty quick if that were the case." He said giving out a small laugh. I gave him a snarl. "Your leader will be Skyler and you will be accompanied by Dan," Brad said again finally backing away. "Who is Dan?" I questioned trying to ignore his comment on how fast I would die. "He is a rank ten like you James, and he's late." He said slightly irritated.

"Hello, I am ready for the mission." A man of average height with sleek black hair, and a square jaw who wore a suit with way too much black on it with ugly brown shoes clinging to his feet. His tone was rather dull. He scanned the room top to bottom and corner to corner like a machine. He then walked over with a processed walk and slightly looked down, me being only a few inches shorter. "Hello young man my name is Dan, what's yours?" He asked with the same boring lilt in his voice as he stretched out his hand. "Uh, my name is Tyler. But just call me James. I extended my hand in response locking hands with him and shaking it. My first impression I was 90 percent sure he was Android just due to his formality and voice.

"He dropped his hand to the side before extending it back outreaching in front of me. "And you?" He said looking at Skyler. "My name is Skyler," she said in a loud cheery voice contrasting off Dan's dull voice. "It was nice meeting you both," he said with a smile.

"This mission is supposed to be for rank sixes but since Skyler is there you both should be fine." All three of us looked over. I heard him about to continue but I cut him off. "Why are you sending two rank tens and a four out on a rank six mission any way I know you don't believe in my skill, so why not send Skyler and another rank four or rank six or seven?" I questioned, even though I acted tough I was aware of how weak I was. "Well if you need to know the league is getting short on rank fives or below, for the past six months now Omnistruct has been on extra alert and we've needed a lot of the higher ranks to keep Omnistructs assassin force at bay and we have needed to beef up security because of a rumour that Omnistruct knows our location." He said nodding his head. "Alright I get it, what's the mission?" I questioned "So the mission task is to visit one of Omnistruct's warehouse where they have Androids captured in storage, we need to free theses Androids and get them back to base safely. Okay?" As he explained our task for this mission as he put his hands on the table lifting himself up to sit down on it. "And James take this phone, call me when you clear the place out and we'll send reinforcements to pick up the Androids my number is the only number in your contacts list." He explained throwing me an old phone. *iPhone 13 how old school.*" Okay, I said pocketing the old thing.

"Where is the mission?" Dan chipped in for the first time. "I put the map in James' eye patch with the location marked." He said pointing at me. "Wait when?" I asked swinging my arms, confused. "That's for me to know and you to never find out." He said quickly vanishing. "Also, I can pull up a map of the city with this? for an Android, Araca sure is forgetful she can't even tell me stuff as basic as all this device's functions." I said searching my eye patch device for a map option.  After a bit of searching, I finally found a button for it.  A holographic board appeared detailing every spec of the city, every skyscraper, every house, every store, and so on, and sure enough, an old Omnistruct warehouse was marked. "This is kinda a big thing to forget," I mumbled. "What is?" Skyler questioned confused not able to see the hologram. "Oh nothing it's just this eye thingy Araca gave me, it shows a map of the city. *I need to find Araca beforehand to meet me on the same building as the last mission* "I will show you where the mission location is," I said pointing to my eye patch. They both nodded. "Here I'll show you to the meeting point," Skyler said to Dan. "I'm gonna go visit Damien too through all this commotion I haven't had time. He is in the League's basement right?" I asked. "Ya, I told him about you while you were in the infirmity he can't wait to see you." After that, we were on our way.