Chapter 7: Life of Assassination

His grip tightened around my neck as I gasped for air. What do I do? I watched as he slowly lifted his other hand, my impending doom was slowly inching towards me. Come on think you're an assassin you've gotta have something up your sleeve. That's it, the auto hacker. "If your body is more android than human." His hand flinched at my sudden confident yet raspy voice under the pressure of his hand. The only problem was Araca left out how to use the thing. I thought back to my training when she might have told me how to use the leagues' devices.

"Most modern league technology is voice commanded, being that sometimes assassins don't have a free hand to use it during a mission," Araca said explaining as she showed me the leagues armoury. This was about 4 days after I officially joined the league
I just have to find the right thing to say.

With my last ounce of strength In my arms, I shuffled through my pockets with one of my free hands.

I yanked the old device out of my pocket slamming on the green button labelled "on" then clamping it onto his arm that was clutching my throat. "What's this?" He said glaring at the device. "Shut down!" I said with a gasp in my breath. "You should not bring your toys to the battlefield." He states as his free hand reached for the device. If this doesn't work I'm dead, what is it?!
"Aperta Sesame shut down!" The last word was barely audible, my throat felt crushed although it was obvious that he was just playing with me or else I would have already been dead.

The device suddenly sparked up causing the executive to drop me as he gripped his arm and slammed to his knees. "I can't move my body." He said shocked looking down at himself.
I fell crashing to the floor, slamming my head against the cold concrete.

I gasped for breath as my hands clasped at my throat. I ignored the pain, or maybe I could hardly even feel it at that time. My mind was one track at that moment.

"Please don't kill me." he pleaded looking up at me with the only body part he could still feel. "After all that big talk, when it comes down to it your just a coward. Scum" I looked up at him with eyes as sharp as daggers. I reached across my chest before unsheathing the dagger I had been given a few days ago. I then slanted my blade towards the executive. I noticed the look of horror in his eyes, a second ago he acted like he was on top of the world now it was time I kicked him off his pedestal.

"Always go for the jugular." Araca's words of advice flashed in my mind. I leaped past him sending my blade slicing through his throat again, staining my knife and arm in blood. The sound of his lifeless corpse hitting the concrete snapped me out of my trance-like state.

I looked down at my knife now smothered in blood. Realizing the severity of my actions, I actually ended the life of human.

Skyler entered the main entrance noticing the hole that I made in the wall. "What happened? you looked disturbed!" She said walking closer to me.

I don't know I just blacked out the next thing I knew he was dead." I said shooting my head upwards from my knife to look at her.

"Well, whatever happened let's get you back to base to treat those injuries," Skyler said pointing at me. I had not noticed before due to all the adrenaline running through me but my throat felt like it was gonna explode, and my leg had a bullet in it one of the guard's bullets must have gotten past the wall of bugs. I started getting light-headed realizing all the pain I was in. "what happened with you anyw-" I was cut off by Skyler. "I'll tell you later but your voice must be scorching based on the red arm on your neck." She said putting her arm around me balancing me. "Ok," I said as Skyler half carried me out of the building.

That night I found out how difficult my new life would be. My new life of assassination.

"You want the good or bad news first?" A male nurse with bony cheeks wearing a generic nurse uniform stood in front of me. I was at the leagues' infirmary which branched off of the lobby. The room was plain white, with shelves lining the back walls covered with nursing supplies. The floor was a tiled concrete-like material and there was an ominous white door with a brass handle sitting in the corner of the room.

"Bad news, please and thank you," I said sitting up in my bed. "Your bullet wound is gonna need stitches but the bullet went right through so you won't need surgery to remove it, and the damage done to your throat is minimal and should heal naturally in a few days.
So you should be out of here in a week but your still gonna have to get a lot of rest to heal your leg completely. Ok?"

"A whole week, really?" I flung my head back onto my pillow. But by the time my head met the pillow he was gone. I spent a while just contemplating what had happened over the past 6. Seven months ago I was a murder. I want my parents to just, be alive again.

It was much later now, I had fallen in and out of sleep more some time and time felt like a blur while in the hospital.
Skyler barged into my room startling me."How are you doing?" She said cheerfully as she half sat on my bed putting one foot up. "better than last night. So sis you promised to tell me what have you been doing these last six months?" I sat back up leaning closer curious about her reply.
"Ok, I'll tell you but get ready it's a long story." She said smiling at me.

Unknown Location

"Sir he's still alive, and he-he killed The executive Robert." A figure cast in shadow said. "Well then that makes things interesting, it's time to finish off the James family and take down the league along with him. Two birds with one stone."