𝙏 𝙒 𝙀 𝙇 𝙑 𝙀

Chapter 12
Walking into school the next day was hard. I got little sleep and kept thinking about my mom. I'm always worried about her, but I'v never thought about her this much. Then again, I've never been told news I was told yesterday. I kept my head down, trying to avoid all human contact. I wanted to talk to someone about it, but I can't tell my friends. They just wouldn't understand. I got to my locker successfully without having to talk to someone, yes! But as I was unlocking the door, the one and only Sally Ludgate and her minions were right there. Why today, out of all days why!!
" Well look who it is" She said looking at me up and down smirking. I ignored her and continued to grab my books for the my next classes.
" Answer me nerd!" She said louder.
I still ignored her.
" Why you so sad today, Penis Parker won't talk to you?" She said in a baby voice.
" Don't call him that" I said.
" What, I couldn't hear you" She said while cupping her ear.
" I said don't call him that. He has a name, which is Peter"
" Oh, are you defending your only friend. He's only nice to you out of pity"
" Peter is my friend, and I know that"
" Oh really, so you didn't hear what he said about you?"
"W -what"
" Yeah, I heard that he only talks to you because your mom paid him."
"Don't talk about my mom, Sally"
Just the thought of her shattered my heart. And now Peter has been faking me this whole time. Great.
"Why so defensive for your mommy now, nerd?"
" Leave me alone" I say, tears burning in the back of my eyes. Did my parents pay Peter to be nice to me? No there's no way. But that would explain why he was so nervous talking to me. I can't believe this. And I was even beginning to develop feelings for Peter. I knew it was to good to be true.
" Awwww, the little nerd is gonna cry" She said, the walked away laughing. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall. I couldn't face Peter right now. Out of all people, I never thought he would do this to me. He helped me with the electric man thing, and was super nice. And this weekend, but it was all fake. I wish it could have been real, but things never seem to go right for me.

I bunked my first class, and I have never done that before. I have never skipped any classes but I just can't stand to see Peter. What makes it worse is he is in all of my classes. Even art. Out of all the classes why did he have to be in the one that calmed me down. I ate my lunch in the back of the library. Thankfully nobody was here. I have been heartbroken all day. The one person I trusted most was Peter. Even though we haven't known each other that long, I would trust him with anything. And yet it was all fake. Once I finished lunch I headed to art, hanging my head. I hadn't talked to Ned and MJ, but I didn't know if I could trust them either. I've never been in this type of situation before, but it hurts. To be new here and then have your only friends lie to you, and it be told through a bully, and know your mom might die soon, it's all to much for me right now. When I arrived in the studio I got a seat towards the back, trying not to be noticed. We had been working on a drawing assignment so I just went straight to it. I put my earbuds in, and just drew. But with my luck, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Looking up it was a smiling Mr. Parker himself. I looked back down at my paper, not wanting to talk to him. But with Peter being Peter he sat down next to me.
" Hey Amelia"
Ignore him
" Amelia" he says and waves his hands in front of my face. I look up at him and I know there are tears in my eyes.
" Hey, what's wrong?" He ask while placing a hand on my shoulder.
" You know what you did Peter, and it hurts" I said and took his hand off my shoulder.
" Wha-what d-did I do" He said looked shocked.
" You know exactly what you did" and with that I left. I went to the teacher and told her I wasn't feeling well. And I wasn't. I was hurt, and had a sick feeling in my stomach. She let me go to the nurse.

Today sucked. I went to the nurse and she let me go home. I faked it pretty well. I came home, and just laid on my bed. Tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes. I had gotten used to it by now. Peter had texted and called me non stop but I didn't want to talk to him. It was dark outside and I had been laying on my bed for hours. Trying to sleep, playing on my phone, listening to music, trying to do homework. But nothing took my mind off what I was feeling. I really just wanted to talk to someone about it. Though my brother wouldn't understand, and I am beyond mad at my dad. I decided I wanted some fresh air so I was gonna be adventurous. I climbed up my fire escape to the roof, looking at the horizon. I remember when Spiderman brought me here. I bet he is my only semi friend in New York now. I sat down, with my legs dangling over the edge like last time. I wonder if I could talk to him. I mean he is a superhero, and I think he wouldn't tell anyone, right? I looked around to see if he was anywhere in sight, but I don't see any blue and red flashes. So I just sat back, and thought about my day, bringing sad thoughts back to my brain. I could feel my hair flowing in the light breeze, and a couple tears came down my cheeks as I just tried to relax. But I was pulled out of thoughts when I heard a familiar voice behind me.
" Hey pretty lady" they said.
I turned around and saw the masked figure I was hoping to see.
"Hey" I said slightly above a whisper.
He sat down next to me,  and I'm pretty sure he saw that I was crying.
" Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I was at a loss of words. All of what happened the past two days rushed back to my head and I let the tears fall. I couldn't help it. This was killing me, and all I wanted right now was to lean on somebody. And that somebody is Spiderman.
" Hey, Hey it's ok" He said pulling me into a hug. I held onto him very tight and buried my head into his chest, feeling safe and at peace for a few seconds.
" Can you tell me what's wrong?" He asked.
" I-uh..."
" I understand if you can't, I just want you to know you can talk to me" he said reassuringly.
" If I t-tell you this, will you promise to not tell anyone. Even you Avenger friends. I haven't and can't really tell anyone this but I have to get it off my chest" I said shakily. It was cold out and I had no jacket, like always.
" Y-yeah, I promise" He replies
" You promise" I said one more time
" Promise" He said. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. I think he knew I was cold based on my constant shivering. I automatically felt his body heat radiate into me, and I was once again warm again.
" S-so. The reason I moved to New York was because my mom had to be transferred to one of your hospitals because sh-she... she has leukemia"
He gasped a little but just held onto me tighter.
" And when I visited her yesterday, the nurse said she only had about 8 weeks to live" I said and let out a sob, hugging him tighter.
"I'm so sorry" he whispered while hugging me back.
" And the worst part is, is that I can't tell her she's gonna get better. Or it's gonna be ok, because it's not. And I don't want to lie to her" I said with tears streaming down my face.
" And I feel like I've lost all of my friends at school too"
" Why is that?" He asked sounding sort of shocked.
" Well I was at my locker minding my own business when the bitchy mean popular girl Sally came up to me and told me that Peter, the only guy I really trusted at my school was only being my friend because my parents paid him. I don't really understand how, but it doesn't surprise me. I just really thought our friendship was real" I said, memory's flashing back into my head.
" Like after everything we had been through in such a little time. I had been shocked by electro, you and him helped me. He helped me when I accidentally got drunk, and took care of me. We were going to watch Harry Potter and Star Wars, and do so much together but it was all just to good to be true I guess" I said, hanging my head and drawing circles on his hand.
"I'm sure it's n-not true" He said shakily.
" I don't know, I just hope it isn't true. I really like Peter, this is just playing with my feelings and messed everything up" I said laying my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat and speed up a little but later slowed down.
" You should talk to him" he said.
" Really?"
" Yeah. I mean if it isn't true, then maybe you can save your friendship"
" I don't know, sometimes I get mixed up with words and I don't want to say the wrong thing. Like I will still be nice to Peter, but that level of trust I thought I had with him is slowly going away"
" Well, if you talk to him then maybe you can build that trust again"
" You really think so?" I asked.
" Yes. I don't think people should give up on friendships so fast when things happen. No offense"
" None taken"
I starred out at the city landscape, and finally was able to relax. I think talking to someone really helped me. I don't think I'm going to talk to Peter anytime soon about this situation, but I hope we will be able to be friends in the future. Tomorrow is going to be a challenge, but maybe I can talk to MJ. I don't think she knew. I glanced at my phone and saw that it was 10:30. I had to get back. Even though I was infuriated by what my dad may have done, I knew he would want me home.
" I got to get going" I said, while standing up.
" Oh, ok" He said kind of sad.
" Do you want to do this tomorrow. I can update you on the situation"
" That sounds great, same place same time?"
" Yeah, sounds good"
" Alright, well have a good night Amelia"
" You too" I said and started walking away.
" Hey Spidey" I said as I remembered something.
" Yeah" I turned around and walked back towards him.
" Thank you" I said, looking up to his big white eyes.
" Anytime"
" C-can I do something really fast?" I said. What I had in mind was kind of risky but I didn't care.
" Y-yeah"
" You trust me?"
" I trust you"
I lifted his mask up a little so I could see half of his face. I gently kissed him on the cheek and pulled the mask back down.
" I'll see you tomorrow Spidey"
" Y-you too" He said.

I walked down the fire escapes back to mine and went back inside my room. Tonight was nice, and I will never forget it.

Omg, how did you guys like this chapter. My friend Zoey gave me the plot twist so I hope you guys like it. I know its a little strange, but the next chapters are gonna be good. Pls vote and comment!!
Xoxo,
Ava