The second time, I had bought a cute little pair of shoes and put them in a box, ans I was going to give it to him for on our date night, but before I could, Hope had found the box and given the shoes to her stuffed teddy bear.

My secret won't be able to be kept for much longer, unfortunately. Having run out of ideas, I call the one persom who always seems to have a plan for everything.

"Hey! Thank you for stopping me from eating this whole tub of Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. How are you?"

I sigh sadly. "I'll be better if I can give Klay his news. No matter how hard I try, it always gets ruined. I'm about to just give up, Ava."

"Don't! Come on, Logan. You're one of the most stubborn women in the world. You can give him the news."

And just like that, an idea appears in my head. Maybe Ava is right after all...

.  .  .

Never in my entire life have I been so nervous for a Warriors game to reach halftime, but tonight is different. Tonight is the big night.

Since our story began on the court, I figure that it should end there too, which is why I arranged for there to be a very special performance tonight, one that I am sure no one will forget.

The clock dwindles down to zero, signaling that the quarter is over and halftime is finally here. The Washington Wizards walk off the court and into the locker room, but all of the Warriors stay on the court and form a circle.

Which confuses the hell out of Klay.

I can't help but smile as I watch from my hiding spot. He is mouthing something to Steph, who is doing a really good job of not giving anything away.

"For tonight's halftime show, we've got two surprises for one of our very own Warrioes here tonight, since it's his birthday."

The lights dimmed, and everyone's attention flew up to the jumbo tron as a video began playing, and the entire crowd chorused an 'awww!' as they stared up at Hope's smiling face.

"Hi, daddy Klay. Thank you for giving me lots of ice cream and toys and playing dollies with me..."

The crowd laughs happily at Hope's little speech, and tears form in my eyes as I watch Klay stare stand there, visibly taken aback.

"Now mommy?" Hope asks me, envelope in hand. I nod my head and give her a gentle push out onto the court.

"...and you're the best daddy ever. You give me lots and lots of stuff, but I want one more thing..."

The video shuts off and the lights turn back on to full brightness, and everyone's attention focuses on Hope, who is now standing before Klay with a huge smile on her face. He kneels down to her level and looks at her questioningly, completely surprised by this entire thing.

"Here," she says as she hands him the envelope, and he shakily takes it with his hands and swallows hard as he struggles to open it.

As soon as he pulls the papers out, he covers his mouth with one hand as tears fill his eyes. From down below, Hope tugs gently on his shorts and looks up at him hopefully.