Finding Something Interesting

(Alexa's brother Darren)

It's past seven and the boys aren't back yet. I'm sitting alone and doing my English homework and listening to Pink when finally the boys come sneaking in. Without turning around I ask them''So where have you to been?'' The boys stop in there tracks and look at me while I turn around in my chair. '' Umm.. We were you know.. Umm.. hanging out at the skatepark'' I look from Zayn to Darren and just plainly say ''Oh okay then'' I turn back around and I can hear the boys sigh in relief. They start walking toward the stairs when I ask ''Oh yeah, Bro!" They freeze again." Mom wants to know if Zayn is sleeping over again?! " They laugh nervously and answer "Yeah he is" and they quickly run upstairs to avoid more of my interrogation. I just laugh at the sight of that.

"It's dinner time!" I hear my mom call from down stairs. I lift myself from my bed and walk to my brother's room and knock on the door I hear I faint "Come in" and I walk in. "What you want Jinx" I stare at him. "Mom called for dinner, and call me Jinx again and you won't have any eyebrows tomorrow." He looks me in the eye and opens his mouth slowly "Jinx" I feel my face going red with anger. I attack him. I bring him down and lay punches, bites, scratches on his body. And then all of a sudden. Pain.

I let out a scream. I just lay there clutching my eye. I can feel tears streaming down my face. I get up and run out of my brother's room to the bath room. I let my eye go and just stare in disbelief in the mirror. What I see scares me. My eye is heavily swollen and red my lip has blood on it. That idiot punched me in my face. I sit on the toilet and calm myself down. I hear a knock on the door and look up to see Zayn standing in the door frame. "You okay?" he asks kindly. "Do I look okay?" I answer back sarcastically. "Let me help you" He sits down beside me and grabs a wet cloth. He gently pats my eye. I flinch. He cups my cheek in one hand and with the other he pats my eye.

I stare at him while he's busy with my eye. He's kinda cute and has the most beautiful eyes. He has a muscular body but not fat he has a great six pack two. He's kind, caring, nice, respectful. He catches my eyes on him. "What?" he asks amused. "Nothing" I say smiling.

~Flashback~

"You do as I tell you, you hear me! You good for nothing" he slaps me across my face. I stare at him holding my cheek. I start to cry. He's face instantly falls. "I'm sorry love forgive me" he cups my cheek he slapped and kissed my head. He looks down at my face. I give him a little smile. "It won't happen again" he promises.

~Flashback ends~

My smile fades and Zayn let's go of my cheek "You okay?" I shake my head and lie "Yeah I'm good" I get up and mumble a quick thank you to Zayn and walk out the bathroom and into my room. I fall onto my bed and fall asleep.

Later that night~

BOOM!!!!

I jolt awake and I know what it is.. Thunder. I jump off my bed and run to my brother's room. I open his door slowly and walk in. I can see two bodies laying in the floor the one next to the bed is Zayn and the one on the farest side my brother. My brother's head lifts up and he looks straight at me. He sleepily asks "Thunder?" I nod my head. He answers back "Get in my bed" he puts his head back down and I walk over to his bed and get in I lay there for a couple of minutes when I spot something on both Darren and Zayn.

Tattoos! My eyes widened and then all of a sudden.

BOOM!!

I put my head under my brother's pillow and start crying myself to sleep.