008. Maybe/ New Story

Start from the beginning

"You miss them, don't you."

Johnny nods, thinking of his two best friends from years before. 

"Yeah, a lot. They were my ride or die since preschool."

"it's Carson and Hayden, right?" I ask for clarification.

Johnny sniffles saying, "Yes." I give him a reassuring smile, leaning against my window pane. 

"It's gonna be okay. Also Johnny?" I ask, changing the subject.

He looks into my eyes concerned, and I pull out a small bottle.

 "I can't help but notice your bruises, and I bought you this." I toss him the bottle and he catches it, revealing a cream for healing bruises. Johnny's face reddens, but he gratefully takes the cream. "Thank you," he whispers.

"Of course."

Suddenly, my mother calls, "Kenzie! Maddie! Time for dinner!"

"Coming! See you later, John," I smile.

"Bye, Kenz."

I quickly close the window and change into my pajamas. When I head downstairs, I can smell the spaghetti and my mouth waters. Didn't realize how hungry I was.

...

After dinner, I spent my last few hours before bed scrolling through Instagram. I still couldn't believe how many followers I gained. And all for my singing. I suddenly remember Johnny, and wonder if he has an Instagram. I try searching up his name, but nothing pops up.

The only thing that pops up is a girl named Lauren Orlando.

And she looks an awful lot like Johnny.

But, it's getting late so I decide to go to bed instead.

·:*:·゚☆。Johnny:

It was 7:00 right now, and I couldn't stop thinking about today. Mackenzie's my only friend, and now that she's famous. Won't we grow apart? Will I become famous because I'm her friend? I was interrupted out of my thoughts to the sound of my alarm clock that strikes 7:30. I was just thinking about how my day will go, but I guess I'm about to find out.

Lauren steps into my room calling, 

"John? You up?" I wave from underneath the covers

 "Morning. You're still gonna introduce me to your friend, right?" I sit up and nod.

"Yay! I've never met any of your friends before. Sometimes I wonder if you're embarrassed of me, you know, your twin sister." Little does she know, I never had any friends. All this time. I get up and walk over to Lauren, embracing her into a loving hug.

"Love ya too, bro." She walks back into her room to finish getting ready. I look at my phone to see youtube notifications one after another. I gotta admit, I'm still a bit nervous about putting myself out there. I mean, until now, I've just been known as the speechless freak who wears oversize clothes.