Knight - Leon Kennedy x Child! Daughter! Reader

"I love you more, sweetheart..."

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"Leon..." The little girl whispered, holding her arms out in front of the older man. Scooping her up into his arms, he whispered a hushed hello, while giving her a kiss on the cheek. Seeing a j'avo running at the two of them, the man propped his gun up, the little girl's tiny hands gripping tight around her ears.

Without hesitation, the man fired straight into the monster's head and spun his gun back into its holster. He placed a hand on the back of her head, letting out a sigh of relief. The little girl wrapped her arms around the blond-haired male's neck and let out a silent sob...

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Leon Kennedy saved his little girl on one fateful night during his time in Tatchi. He protected her, and he was easily deemed her knight in shining armor.  After the bioterrorism attack, (Name) (Last Name) soon became a Kennedy upon his return to America. 

He had built a strong connection with the girl in China, and couldn't easily let (Name) go after the months they had spent together. He laughed with her, held her while she cried about her lost family, and over everything, protected her with his life. 

Leon had (Name) placed on his lap, while he braided her hair, frustrated that he was unable to get it completely right. With a chuckle, Claire watched the agent struggle.

"Come here, (Name). If you let your daddy try to fix your hair any longer, I'm sure he'll cut it all off," she spoke, while the eccentric little child giggled with delight, running over to the brunette. Without hesitation, she was sitting beside Claire, while she easily was able to french braid (Name)'s hair without a moment's notice. Leon rolled his eyes, his arms crossed as he leaned back in his chair. He mumbled in frustration and jealousy, locking his eyes towards the ground.

Soon, (Name) twirled around with her new updo, grinning from ear to ear in satisfaction. 

A series of knock on the door was heard, as Leon abruptly stood to answer the door. His hand gripped the doorknob, and he let out a small sigh. Upon opening, it revealed the face of Chris Redfield, evidently in search for his sister. Leon's eyes widened slightly, curious to know how Chris knew where he lived. 

"Chris? What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for Claire. She gave me the address to this place a while back. We had places to be this morning," The Redfield brother spoke, hinting to his sister what he was talking about, "But it's nothing big. Just more investigational, and uh, BSAA stuff we need to catch up on. Especially since..."

Leon's gaze fell to the floor, as he moved aside to let the large man in. But, upon his daughter setting her eyes on the mountainous Redfield, she stared in amazement. It seemed like Chris was quick shocked as well, as for the first time in a while, he let his guard down.

Chris hadn't seen little (Name) since she was stuck to Leon's side in China. 

"CHRISSSS~" the little girl screamed, as the man dropped onto one knee, picking up the girl while engulfing her into the tightest hug. 

"(Name)..." he whispered, letting out a small chuckle. But, that happiness soon fled from his body as soon as he was asked such an innocent question:

"Where's Piers?"

Leon tensed up. Not only because Chris was holding his baby girl, but because he knew what happened to Chris' beloved partner. Since July, Chris never talked about Piers. Whenever he was brought up, he'd change the subject. Chris set down his daughter gently while breathing in heavily, plastering on a fake-happy smile.

"He decided to stay in China. He's okay, he's just... Resting on the beach." Chris spoke, Claire, noticing the tears starting to invade his vision.

"Chris, I think it's time to go-"

"Can we call him?"

"No sweetie," he began to answer (Name)'s question. Leon glared at the floor, his arms crossed over his chest. He was only a little bit mad that Chris let the conversation go on for so long. He didn't want (Name) to know about what happened in China to Piers. Not again. He promised to protect her, and while it was overbearing, she was too young to be greeted with death's frightful gaze.

But soon, Chris changed the subject, not wanting to press on the issue, "If I speak anymore your father will start to get jealous. You know how he is. We'll be on our way okay? Be sure not to eat too much candy. I know how tempting that was for Claire and me growing up." Chris spoke with a small chuckle. Leon scooped his little girl up into his arms as soon as Chris said that.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't let her for a second." He spoke with a small smirk. With that, the Redfields were off. Leon could tell his baby girl was still confused, desperate to know more. 

"(Name) do you want to watch a movie? I'll let you have ice cream..." he spoke softly, holding her close to him. His warm embrace made (Name) forget all her worries, especially at the sound of the sweet treat she could have. Nodding her head furiously, the biggest grin on her face, Leon chuckled a little, bringing her into the kitchen.

Leon would spoil and smother his daughter as much as he can if it means she didn't have to know about the horrors he witnessed. Setting the petite girl on the kitchen counter, Leon sighed and brought out the (favorite flavor) ice cream. He scooped some into a translucent bowl, setting it in her smaller hands. He smiled in satisfaction upon seeing the sparkle in (Name)'s eyes.

Giving her a kiss on the forehead, she closed her eyes, allowing him to give her all his attention and love. With a small giggle, she set her bowl down next to her, attacking her knight with a hug. His eyes widened in shock, whispering her name.

"Love you, daddy..." She whispered. Leon surrendered to her hold, sighing happily and holding her in his loving arms. 

"I love you more, sweetheart..."

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

date of publication: 2 march 2019

word count: 1014 words.

author: sakura