The Teen Pregnancy Club Part One

The Teenage Pregnancy Club

Part One

Deanna's Story

I walked into school. It was the first day of junior year. I went to my locker to meet my best friend Starr Brooks. When I got there my boyfriend Jason was there. He was supposed to be in the gym setting up for football tryouts. I greeted him with a kiss. Everyone was staring but we were used to it. The football captain and the school president were a cute couple. I waved goodbye as soon as Starr approached. We walked to our next class. Starr started talking about Mark's going back to school party. He had it every year and i have been expecting it from summer. It was the night that I planned to give it up to Jason. It was this Friday and i was nervous. Starr had already experienced it in eighth grade with her boyfriend Josh. I wanted to wait though still I was sure he was the one for me. I finally popped out of my dream world when I heard Starr calling my name. I apologized and we walked into the classroom. We had to plan the year's fundraisers and set a date on homecoming so we had no time to waste. We sat down and got right to work. I still thought about Jason all through class. I thought about what clothes I would wear to the party. I thought about if he would like it. So many thoughts roamed my head. When I finally snapped out of it the bell rang. Starr and I mostly had the same classes so we continued to walk. She sensed that something was on my mind but she didn't bother. She knew what was going to happen on Friday night. She agreed to go shopping with me after school but first we had to get through the rest of our classes and lunch.

Bella's Story

I walked into the hallways. I put my books in my locker. I rushed to homeroom. i was wearing my all black outfit. My mother tried to convince me to change but i refused. I wasn't the daughter she expected. She was on the cheer leading team and I refused to do any sports or clubs. She also didn't like my friends. Todd and Kate were my best friends since elementary school. We could never be split apart. Todd was Chinese-American and moved here in the middle of first grade. No one would talk to him so Kate and I did. Kate was Italian and came from a family of doctors. Her parents once offered her 100 dollars to stop being my friend. We are still friends today so you know she turned them down. Kate, Todd, and I are unstoppable. We were the Gothic clique of eleventh grade. When I finally got to class my best friend Todd was outside .I met Todd at the door as he stood there in a Neon Trees t-shirt. We walked into the classroom. Before we could sit down the "popular" girls walked in. Starr Brooks and Deanna Cook were talking loudly about Mark's party on Friday. I heard that Deanna was finally to going to lose her virginity to her boyfriend Jason. I would be at home on Friday night watching movies with my mom. That was my life I would never get invited to that party. I could invite Kate and Todd over and rent horror movies and eat pizza till the sun comes up. I could fake and be nice to the jocks so I could get an invite. I would rather stay home with my friends and make jokes about all the people that we hated.

Alyssa's Story

I was under the bleachers making out with my boyfriend Dale. He was the basketball team captain. I was the head cheer leader. Typical couple I know. I knew we had to hurry because it was the first day of school and we were already late to first block. I felt him putting his hand up my shirt so I pulled away. I was waiting till Friday night. After a romantic dinner I would give it up to him. I loved him and he loved me. I wanted to show him. I didn't want to lose him. I hugged him goodbye and I headed for my first class. He headed to the coach's office for a pass. I looked on my schedule and headed to my assigned homeroom. I thought about an excuse on my way there. When I stepped inside I saw the usual group. It was the jocks, the geeks, and the goths. I sat down and started drawing hearts in my notebook with Dale's name in it. I finally started to pay attention. I knew I had to because my mom said if I didn't get my grades up i hate to quit the cheer leading team. We were about to win the championships. We were going to be the only team in the history of Brampton High to ever win this competition. I had to pass and we had to win. We could do this and i believed in my team. We had practice in the summer. We even attended a three-week camp to improve our skills. We could do this. I then remembered that I needed to start setting up for cheer leading tryouts.

Tiffany's Story

I was the new girl and I was black. My mom forced me to transfer here because I needed a better life than she did. I only had two years in this school and then I would go to college. I would go far away and only return for holidays. In the meantime I would scare the people into not talking to me and before I knew it school would be done. My plan was going very good until someone stopped me. She was another black girl and her name was Shanice. I asked her how long she had attended this school. She told me she had been with this people ever since middle school. Her best friend had gotten pregnant but had a miscarriage and her mom didn't want to end up like that. She transferred her to Sunset Hills, the local middle school. I actually felt sorry for this girl. I decided to be nice and befriend her. I knew we would get very close. She could help pass these two years quickly. She had the clothes, the brain, and the friends I needed. I looked at her schedule and discovered that we have almost the same classes and we have lunch together. I couldn't wait to call my friends back home and tell them of my discoveries. At least if I had a friend my mother would be off my back for a while and I could convince her to transfer me back. Shanice and I walked to all our classes and she told me about the teachers and how to pass each of my classes. She also showed me all the cute guys and which ones were available. I decided to keep her close me at all times. She would be my best friend.