One

I rubbed my eyes and got off the ground. I had tripped over a box that the movers had failed to bring in. I was not a happy teenage girl.

"It'll be fine Laney," My mother promised. I looked around. Like all the houses in this neighborhood, ours was falling apart. It was a kind of freaky neighborhood. The movers were gone right after getting everything off and wishing my mother good luck. There was no father in the Penn house. He was gone, "Help me with these boxes," I did as she said. Soon we had all the boxes in the house. My mother wiped her forehead and smiled, "I'm so glad we have a month before you go back to get everything ready," I nodded in agreement. We started unpacking right away. That's when I heard his laughter for the first time. The beautiful sound went through the not sound proof door. I ran to the window. There, outside, were three boys at the house across the street.

"Who?" I muttered as watched them. The red haired boy went to the door and knocked. His two friends stayed back at their bikes. A girl came to the door. She had electric blue hair like one of the members and she didn't look happy.

"Laney come back to the kitchen," I turned to my mother.

"What's going on?" We didn't have curtains yet. She glared at the boys across the street.

"They're bad people," As mom pulled me to the kitchen my eyes caught the bluest eyes I have ever seen.

Corey Riffin's ocean blue eyes.

A month passed before I saw any of those teens. My first day was the day I saw them. I had parked my truck and got out before I heard the motorcycles. I turned to see the three of them come in. My eyes locked with the blue haired member's. He smirked at me before looking forward again to focus on the road. My face was bright red and I knew it. I took my backpack out and hurried to get inside.

A girl, who would become one of my first friends in Peaceville, waited for me in the office. Kim Kagami had wanted to show me around and to keep the motorcycle gang away.

"Kim Kagami," She held out her hand, "I'll be showing you around," I smiled, trying to be nice.

"Laney Penn," I responded, "Nice to meet you," Kim lead me down the hallway. We talked as she lead me to my class. Then the worst thing happened.

"Yo Kagami!" Kim frowned. She turned around and I did as well.

"Nepp," She growled. I recognized them as the boys from last month and this morning. The red-haired leader smirked.

"Who's this?" The blue haired boy asked as he smirked. I frowned. I already don't like this guy.

"None of your business, Corey," He frowned.

"Why do you keep saying no?" Larry asked. Kim rolled her eyes.

"I've got better things to do," She grabbed my arm and pulled me the way we had been going. My eyes caught Corey's as Kim swung me around. From the look he gave me this was not the last time we would see each other.

"Carrie," This was the fourth time Kim had tried to get the attention of the girl with the skull ear buds and electric blue hair, "Hey Carrie!" The girl turned around and I recognized her as the girl who lives across the street from me. Carrie took off her ear buds and yawned.

"What's up?" She asked and as soon as she did I could tell she was chewing gum. Kim sighed.

"Grojmen again," She responded. Carrie frowned and any goodness that had filled her day vanished.

"Jerks," She growled, "They came by yesterday. I don't think they get it," Kim suddenly looked depressed and I wondered why. Carrie put her hand on Kim's shoulder, "Don't get so upset about a dork like Kin. He's a stupid jerk," Kin must have been the third one who looked like he use to be a huge nerd. Carrie then noticed me, "Who's the new girl?" Carrie blew a bubble and it popped.