Chapter 4

1991

This was the last day

Naomi and Jada had to leave New York, as much Naomi was happy be going home sleeping in her own bed. She felt guilty for not telling jojo she was only visiting New York and that she was leaving , during her last week Naomi and jojo became best friends; they had deep conversations about several topics that came to mind, every moment that had together they cherished it, both jojo and Naomi doing similar hobbies and grew to do their hobbies together. Jojo was Naomi's personal diary and Naomi was his also.

But she was now leaving

Naomi starts to pack her bag while Jada goes outside  talking to someone. Before naomi left to go back home she knew she had to do the hardest things she could imagine. She had to tell jojo goodbye
She didn't know how jojo was going to react, jojo is a rational person but for her to keep this information from him might piss him off. Naomi had to think how she was going to tell jojo, he wouldn't have time to tell her how he felt since she was leaving right after.

After Naomi and Jada pack their bags, they head to the studio where jojo told them he was going to be at. Jada was talking her head off about dalvin rambling about who she would date in the group, Naomi didn't listen to her; she was too wrapped in her thoughts about dropping the bomb on jojo

Will he hate me?

At the studio

Naomi and Jada walks in the studio, Devante and Monica were talking with kci and Mary about a possible double date they might do, dalvin and jojo we're talking eating burgers until jojo saw Naomi at the door.

"Hey! You made it" jojo exclaims as he gets up hugging Naomi in a tight embrace. "You should have been here earlier, we finished the album but we decided to stay in here to chill" jojo adds shrugging.

Jada clears her throat looking at jojo who then turned his head to her, his face went from a smile to a small frown. "I know you like Naomi but I don't get a hello teddy bear" Jada says, saying her nickname she gave jojo.

"Hello jambalaya what's good!" Kci gets up as he waves at Jada, "oh and hello Naomi—thank god you came my brother act like he can't live with out you in his presence"  kci laughs as jojo kisses his teeth at kci.

"Hey Naomi did you want to go roller skating tonight with us?" Monica says as she puts her head on devante shoulder, as he rubs her thigh.
Before Naomi could reply to Monica, Jada loudly stomps her foot exhaling a loud sigh which made everyone turn their head at her.

"Y'all are so rude! How come you didn't ask if I wanted to go?" Jada says angrily.
"Because we didn't want you to go" dalvin says as Mary hits him on his arm which causes him to hiss at Mary. "What was that for? I'm just being honest"

"Look Jada Ima keep it real with you, how can you be our friend but not Naomi's? Ever since y'all got here you been acting like she doesn't exist—I thought that was your home girl, when Naomi gets opportunities  you  get mad at her. If you can't be supportive of her when she succeeds then we just can't fuck with you. Period."  Jojo calmly says as he gives Jada a apologetic look, he didn't want to her feelings but she had to know the truth.

Jada laughs, rolling her eyes "I don't care, I'm so glad me and Naomi are leaving New York to today" Jada smiles as she sees jojo face immediately Turning to Naomi. Naomi sighs as she looks down at her shoes .why would she say that?. This wasn't how  Naomi wanted jojo to find out, she knew that she couldn't hold it back anymore longer.

"Naomi what is she talking about?" Jojo softly says as he looks straight at Naomi.

" I said we're leaving jojo what don't yo-"

"JADA SHUT UP" jojo says as he balls up his hands, everyone looks up shock, they have never heard jojo yell that loud to someone, they knew what Jada said hurt him a lot. "C'mon jojo let's walk awa— AHH HE HIT ME" Kci screams as he runs into Mary's arms, Mary pushes kci off while looking at him with her lip turned up.

"Jojo... this isn't you man. Go talk to Naomi outside, don't let your emotions get to you" Devante says as he pats jojo on the shoulder, he nods his head toward the door signaling for jojo and Naomi to go talk.

Jojo slowly unballs his fist as he walks to the door "Naomi let's go talk" he says in a low tone

Naomi looks up and sees jojo, she turns her head to Devante who looks at her "go talk to him" he says as he walks back to Monica. Naomi walks out with jojo as silence fills between them, Naomi didn't know how to start the conversation with jojo, he was angry and she was afraid to piss him off more.

"J-jojo I-I'm so-"

"Why you so nervous?" Jojo says with a blank expression

Naomi tucked her hair behind her ear,finally building  up the courage to look at jojo.

"Jojo I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving, we can still talk and be friends like we are now—I don't want to hurt you jojo I swear I don't " naomi pleads as she looks into jojo eyes trying to find

Jojo let's out a dry laugh, "naomi I told you everything that I was going through and you didn't think once to inform me you were leaving? I sat with you late at night talking about anything that came to mind and you never decided to tell me. I swear you females are the same— all y'all do is hurt me and I'm not going to let that happen again,have a nice life naomi—and don't call my phone unless you paying the bill"jojo says as he turns back to the door,beginning to open it.

Naomi grabs jojos arm, panicking that she was losing her bestfriend. Jojo snatches his arms out of Naomi's grip , he turns back around turning his lip up .

"Get the fuck off of me!! No you don't get to say sorry and expect me to accept it. Naomi with all due respect, get the fuck out of the studio and go home" jojo says as he walks back in the studio

Naomi stands in shock as tears start to fill up in her eyes. She knew she should have told jojo she was leaving but she didn't want the news to spoil their fun. Their bond was unbreakable until now

Jojo didn't want to see her face again
So what did she do?
She left

Hi (shyly steps back)
I know it's been so long since I updated this but trust I'm going to get this book together, I promise

How do y'all feel about jojo being mad at Naomi?

Was Naomi wrong for not telling him?

Leave additional questions or comments too!

Ps. Vote and comment it really helps!