Chapter 3

1991

"Everything looks so good here" naomi says as she stares intently at the menu,  this was her only shot at eating food that she actually wanted to eat so  she was going to take advantage of it.

"Yeah it does, so what are you thinking about getting? I might try the ribs or steak" jojo says as he puts his menu down while looking at Naomi.

Naomi slightly smiles as she starts to pick her nails, she starts to rethink her decision of cheating on her diet. She started to think of how the other models would judge her because she wasn't skinny like them. Naomi had already been judge because she was too "dark" to model and she didn't want people to judge her anymore.

"I-uh-um im going to get the chicken salad" Naomi drops her head, she could feel jojo's staring at her with a annoyed face.

"Naomi you know damn well you don't want that shit, that's what birds eat" jojo says as he rolls his eyes he was starting to get frustrated with Naomi, he understood that she's a model but he just wanted her to have fun without worrying about anything or anyone.

Naomi looks up at jojo, she nervously taps her nails on the table. Just as she was about to respond to jojo the waitress comes to the table.

"Hello I'm Rochelle and I will be your wait— omg Naomi hey girl!" Rochelle says as she hugs Naomi tight. Naomi knew Rochelle because she was Monica's little sister, Naomi and Rochelle were really close until Rochelle decided to go to New York and follow her dreams to own a restaurant and name it after her dad who was born in New York.

"Anyways— lets start of with drinks first, what do you want?" Rochelle adds as she pulls out a notepad and pen.

"I'll have white wine please" jojo says as he looks at Naomi waiting to hear what she was going to order. At the rate she was going, he thought she was probably going to get water.

"I would like the vodka martini with cranberry juice on the side" Naomi smiles as she turns her head to see jojo laughing at her order.

Rochelle leaves the table getting their drinks ready, "What is so funny?" Naomi questions, she starts to get upset thinking he was laughing at her and it was making her uncomfortable.

"You are so weird you know that?" Jojo questions as he picks up a chip.

"I am not weird! How am I weir—"

"You do know that alcohol can make you gain weight too right? It's not always the food you eat that make you gain weight, certain drinks like soda and alcohol can cause you weight gain" jojo states. " Naomi just live a little, modeling shouldn't make you feel bad about eating foods that you actually like. Don't let people judgements make you change who you are as a person—trust me I had to learn the hard way too."

Rochelle comes back to the table as she puts down the drinks down. "Okay are you ready to order?" Jojo and Naomi both nod their heads.

"I would like the T-bone steak with the mash potatoes and green beans as my sides" jojo says as he gives Rochelle the menu.

Rochelle takes the menu and turns to Naomi. "Naomi what would you like to eat?" She inquires.

Naomi looks at Rochelle, " I-I will have the salad— actually i will have the same thing as him" Naomi says as she mentally pats herself on the back, she wasn't going to let the night be ruined by her worrying about her diet.

Rochelle leaves the table once again leaving jojo and naomi to themselves.

"Wow so no salad? I think I'm seeing a new Naomi" jojo says as he cracks a smile.

"Well you better get used to it! I'm coming in full force" Naomi replies as she and jojo laugh together

As the night went on, Naomi and jojo slowly became comfortable with each other. With good food and fun conversations, they both spent their night getting to know on another.

"Wait so you mean to tell me that people thing gemini's are bipolar?" Jojo asks as he and Naomi walk to her her hotel room.

"Yes! Like they feel that Gemini's are this crazy people who don't know how to control their mood swings, you should read up on it considering we're both Gemini's " Naomi shrugs as she looks up at jojo. "But I don't think Gemini's are insane, I think we're just misunderstood ya know?"

Jojo looks up at the sky, it's been a long time since he had a conversation like this with another girl. Girls these days weren't up for the deep conversations and he realized that when he and Sasha were dating Girls like Sasha only care about money and fame.

"That would make sense, I don't know much about zodiacs but I know how it feels to have people misunderstand you" jojo says as he looks back at Naomi playfully pushing her shoulder.

Naomi laughs as he attempts to hit jojo back only for him to catch her hands. "Jojo what did you mean when you said you had to learn the hard way of not caring about what people think of you?" Naomi inquires as she looks down at her shoes. She didn't understand how a person like jojo could feel less or insecure about himself because of others.

Naomi looks back up and looks at jojo, she could tell he was in deep thought. "Jojo? Did you hear me?"

Jojo snaps it of his thoughts and turns to Naomi. "Yeah I heard you —ever since jodeci was born I felt like I had to do more to be noticed. I was always judged by my looks, people would say I am the least attractive in jodeci or I am the fattest one in jodeci. When I said I learned the hard way I mean I had to love myself when no one else did, unfortunately the girls I've met and dated haven't loved me for me but it's okay I always drop their ass like a hot potato when I realize it" jojo says as he starts to walk again.

Naomi stand there shock hearing what jojo said, she catches up to jojo as they finally get to the hotel.

"I really had fun jojo, nobody has ever broke me out of my shell but you managed to break it" naomi softly talks as she stands right In front of her hotel room.

Jojo smiles then quickly frowns, he didn't want Naomi to get the wrong message.

"I'm glad you had fun Naomi, look we just met, I just got out a toxic relationship and I'm not ready to jump back in the dating scene, i really hope we can be friends" jojo says while fidgeting with pockets. He knew that any girl would have slapped him and cuss him out from what he said. Jojo closes his eyes waiting for Naomi to flip out on him for friend zoning her.

Naomi looks at jojo for a minute,"I would like to be friends jojo, I think a relationship would be too soon anyways" jojo snaps his head at Naomi, he was shock that she didn't beat the brakes of his ass but was glad she was understanding of his situation.

"Thanks Naomi....I'll see you around"

I can't believe jojo friend zoned my good sis!

Do y'all feel like jojo made the right decision?

Hope y'all liked this chapter! Trust me I'm going to be focusing on this book 😂
Credit to thejodecisuite on instagram for the picture!