XXI

My head throbs viciously as heat rises from my temples. The room spins as I ring out Murphy's blood-caked washcloth. Although the symptoms were there, I didn't want to face the fact that I had an untreatable illness. The worry on Bellamy's face would be too much to handle right now, and my top priority is making sure Murphy gets better.

'Shit.' I breathe out quietly to myself, grasping the table for support. I close my eyes tightly, enduring the pain as much as my body physically could. I hold my hand up to my forehead to feel my temperature.

Feverish, great.

'You okay, Y/N?' Octavia looks at me from a patient's hammock. I nod reluctantly, wincing at the pain. Warm liquid seeps from my eyes, streaming down my face. There was no way I could hide it now.

'Y/N! Your eyes.' Octavia gasps, rushing to my side. I swat away her hand inches from my face and push my sweat soaked hair behind my ear.

'O.' I breathe out. 'I'm fine, really.'

'Like hell, you're not. Bell, would kill me if he saw you like this. You look horrible.' She hisses wiping my face with a fresh washcloth. 'I'm getting Clarke.'

Before I can refuse, she turns her heels away from me and speedwalks out of the dropship. Within seconds, Bellamy's voice rings through the dropship.

'Y/N?' The concern in his voice sends a shiver up my spine. His voice oozes of worry, concern and a little bit of false hope. My eyes meet with his, as he runs over to me. His hands grasp onto my face, rubbing the blood away with his thumb gently. 'Octavia said you were sick.'

'Bell, you shouldn't be in here. You could get sick and I wouldn't survive if you were.' I breathe out weakly, resting my eyes every few seconds from exhaustion.

'I'm not leaving you until I know for sure that you're better.' He stands firm in his wishes but softens with every glance. His eyes beam into my soul as if they could see every pleading thought for him to stay. But before, I can bare my locked away thoughts, chaos erupts.

'Bellamy!' Miller races into the dropship, his eyes immediately finding Bellamy's. 'A group of hunters saw an army of grounders heading this way. They'll be here by first light, we have to run.'

My eyes widen. An army?

'Take as many healthy people as you can and get out of here. Leave us.' I exhale, wincing at the blood dripping down my face. My vision blurs, fading in and out on Miller's face. I lean against the table, knocking over bowls and equipment as I sit in the nearest vacant seat.

'Y/N, no that's crazy. I'm not leaving you.' He grabs my hand, as Miller awkwardly stands in the doorway.

'Bell,' I catch my breath. 'I'm dead weight. I can't even stand.'

He crosses his arms. 'Then I'll carry you. There's no way in hell that I'm leaving without you.'

Miller clears his throat, filling his awkward silence. 'Sorry to interrupt - but Bellamy you need to make your move. If we're going to leave, we have to leave now.'

Bellamy shakes his head fiercely, 'There has been another way.'

'We don't have enough gunpowder to fight.' Miller states.

'What if we don't need guns?' Bellamy says excitingly. 'The bridge is their only way in. Why don't we just blow it up?'

Miller ponders the idea for a second but soon realizes that Bellamy is right. 'That would give us enough time to prepare. I'll go talk to Clarke and Raven.' He nods, rushing out of the dropship. Bellamy's concerned eyes find mine quickly.

'Sweetheart, you have to rest. Come here.' Bellamy picks me up and carries me to an empty hammock.

'Bellamy, wash your hands. You could catch it.' I croak, closing my eyes shut tightly. He hums okay before kissing my forehead.

'I love you, Y/N. Promise me you won't leave me again, I couldn't handle you getting hurt again.'

A smile twitches on my burning lips, 'I love you too Bell.' 

a/n: sorry for not posting in a few days. send me suggestions for this story in the comments, and vote if you liked this chapter! xo, paulette.