TWENTY-FOUR

»»————- ∘ ————-««

»»————- ∘ ————-««

DAYS HAVE PAST since the night Reggie asked Violet for her number via twitter dms. Violet ended up not giving her number to him.

She still didn't like him because of his hatred towards the serpents and the southside. Just because they hanged out once and are chemistry partners didn't change a thing.

She'd rather have him be an acquaintance or a classmate to an extant then getting to be friends. Maybe if he changed a bit and was a bit friendlier to her friends then she would reconsider being friends. For now, they're just classmates.

That night was the last time they both really talked. Both of them haven't talked to each other since besides the occasion small talk in chemistry class.

Violet hasn't had any reason to interact with him outside chemistry because so far he hasn't done anything towards the serpents for her to go say something to his face to defend them.

It was lunch time and Reggie and his friends were in their usual table. They were chatting away when Reggie noticed, like any other day during lunchtime, Violet and her friends enter the cafeteria. Ever since that night he's been more aware of where Violet was. He didn't understand why but he kept thinking and looking out for her.

Violet and her friends went in line to grab their lunch. They then went to sit where Toni, Fangs, Sweetpea and the other serpents sat. Violet sat on the left of Toni and in front of Ranae. Reggie had the perfect view of Violet.

"Guess who's staring." Kiri nudged Violet, who was on her right. Violet placed a grape into her mouth, then chewing it. "Who?" She said after finishing swallowing the grape.

Kiri nodded her head towards the bulldogs' table where Reggie sat. Violet looked while Naviana and Ranae had to turn their full head around to see the direction Kiri was nodding at. When Violet went to look to see the bulldogs' table, Reggie was able to quickly look away and seemed talking to his friends. To Violet it seemed like he never was staring at her.

"Mr. It wasn't a date." Ranae mocked his voice trying to go low. Violet rolled her eyes, "He wasn't looking at me." Violet tells them, brushing off the idea that Reggie is staring at her. Kiri sighed, "Yes he was! Just like the other days before. He just turned around quickly that you miss it. But trust me I saw him looking over here."

"I guess he's really bummed that you didn't give him your number." Naviana shrugged while biting into her slice of pizza. "Yea who wouldn't be." Ranae scoffs, "But Violet knows not to trust a southsider hating ass. She's too smart for his tricks. Right Violet?"