Chapter 19: Yours Forever

Start from the beginning

Washington burst through the door. "Thomas, it's time. Go wait for your blushing bride." He smirked slightly at the last part.

I nodded and went down the aisle and waited for Y/N.

I played with my hands due to me being nervous.

Hopefully it would go well...

Y/N's POV

I was chatting with the Schuylers when my dad came into the room, happy tears in his eyes and a slight smile. "Honey, it's time," he said.

I bit my lip, trying to soothe my raging nerves. The Schuylers simultaneously got up and walked out, taking their place by the aisle.

I nodded as I stood up and linked arms with my dad. We both waited for the music to play with fluttering hearts.

"Are you ready for this, Y/N?" my dad asked after a bit of silence.

I sighed and looked at my dad. "Honestly..." I bit my lip. "I don't know..."

He laughed and nudged me. "You're gonna be great," he said softly.

I smiled widely. My dad wasn't normally the comforting type, but when he did comfort you, you were special to him. "Thanks, Dad."

He nodded, and then the music began playing.

My eyes widened and I exhaled. My dad gave me a comforting smile and began to slowly walk me down the aisle.

Thomas was standing at the other end, smiling at me and looking me up and down. A light blush was on his face as he studied me.

After a bit, I finally made it to him, and my dad took a seat in the front row.

The priest/preacher cleared his throat. "We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman."

I looked up at Thomas and felt tears coat my eyes, his eyes sharing the glossy look.

The priest went on for a little bit, and it was finally the time to share our vows.

Thomas went first:

"Y/N, the first time I saw you, I knew you weren't like the others. Once I started to get to know you, the void in my heart that I knew I had was filled, and you became my everything. Your laugh completely entrances me, your kindness amazes me, and your beauty is nothing less than swoon-worthy. There are so many more things I could say about you, but this would be too long, and I wouldn't wanna bore you. Anyways, I love you so much, and I hope you will be mine forever."

A tear that was formed by pure joy slid down my face as I exhaled nervously. It was my turn.

"Thomas, I really don't know where to start...but you are nothing less than godlike. You are caring, compassionate, witty, and not to mention handsome." I glanced up at his floof and gently patted it. "And your floof is also a plus."

The crowd laughed.

"Anyways," I continued. "When you asked me on a date, I knew that you were the one. And I love you more than you know."

Thomas bit his lip to hold back tears.

The priest cleared his throat once again and turned to Thomas. "Thomas Jefferson, do you take Y/N Washington to be your lawfully wedded wife? Through sickness and health, 'till death do you part?"

Thomas nodded without hesitation. "I do."

He then slipped a ring on my finger.

"And Y/N Washington, do you take Thomas Jefferson to be your lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and health, 'till death do you part?"

I also nodded without hesitation, tears flowing down my face. "I do."

I slipped a ring on his finger.

Thomas then made this weird sob type noise and covered his mouth, looking at the crowd.

Everyone laughed, including me and the priest. "But anyways," the priest said, his serious demeanor returning. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the br--"

The priest didn't even get to finish. Thomas dipped me and kissed me with so much love and passion that I could've melted right then and there. Our lips moved in sync as the audience clapped.

After not long enough, we both pulled apart, smiling at each other. We both looked at the rings on our fingers.

"How was that, Mrs. Jefferson?" Thomas asked with a smirk. He said it quiet enough so that only I could hear.

I laughed slightly and hugged him tightly.

***

The reception went by in a blur of congratulating words and a fluttery feeling in my stomach.

When Thomas and I got home, we were exhausted. We flopped onto the bed without a word.

I sighed and got up to get changed, but Thomas pulled me down. "Why are you leaving? I'm not done with you yet~," he pouted, pulling me close.

I sighed. "Tommy, I'll be right back. I'm just changing into something more comfortable."

He groaned and reluctantly let go of me. I hopped up and got some more comfy clothes, hopping into the bathroom to change.

I slipped on the clothes and walked back out, taking my hair down. Thomas smirked. "There you are."

I nodded and slipped into bed next to him. He wrapped his legs around my waist and pulled me into a soft, gentle kiss.

He pulled apart after a bit, seeming reluctant. He looked me in the eye and said, "You'll be mine forever, right?"

I nodded. "I'm yours forever."

Thomas smiled and pulled me into another kiss, this one more rough and hungry than the last...

...

Oof. I don't have it in me to go any further than that. And...

What?

2K reads?! Y'all are so amazing! I love single one of you!