Part 1: Meeting The Bad Boy

Start from the beginning

I believe that what we have, is not love.

The rest of the lunch period I stay quite like usual and don't bother them anymore by talking.

~ ~ ~ ~

I'm at my house currently with Ryder and he's throwing outfits out of my closet in disgust.

Honestly if he doesn't like my outfits, then he can leave because this is my sanctuary.

I despise swearing and violence and tend to keep to myself, most of the time buried in a good book.

Ryder's the opposite, he's violent to me, he swears at me and drinks and parties and everything I hate.

But his same old saying is 'opposites attract'.

"Ava, put this on. " He demands while throwing me possibly the most revealing dress I've ever owned.

"I can't wear that, I'll look horrible" I stare at it wide eyed.

"Put it on. " He hisses while pushing me into a bathroom.

My mom's working late at the restaurant tonight, the only reason Ryder is here to help me dress is that there's no backlash to him coming into our house.

I close the door and change.

I guess I'm relieved that he thinks my body is too disgusting to see uncovered, so at least I can change in the bathroom....

He's obsessed with me being the perfect girlfriend.

And he can't even be the perfect boyfriend.

I put on the tight dress and stare in the mirror.

I don't look like myself anymore.

I used to be tan with long curly blonde hair trailing down my back, and my bright gray eyes contributed to that.

I used to be happy.

Now you can hardly notice my eyes with how dark the bags under them are.

I sigh and reach for the brush, only to retract my hand.

If I brush out my hair then it'll just become puffy.

I walk out and Ryder is sitting on my bed looking bored.

He sees me come out of the bathroom and he eyes me up and down, making my skin crawl.

He walks up to me and places his hands on my waist, smirking.

"You know I love you babe, right? " He asks while playing with one of my curls.

"Yeah" I mumble while not looking at him.

"Say it back" He says in anger while dropping my curl and gripping tighter onto me.

My lip starts trembling.

I don't love him. And I've never said it to him.

Even when he stole my first kiss.

"Ryder I... Can't" I try to back away as anger flashes through his eyes.

"Worthless bitch, I do everything for you! " He yells while slapping me straight across the cheek.

I gasp in pain and my hands fly up to my cheek, while tears prickle at my eyes.

"I-im sorry! " I apologize while backing away.

His eye twitches and he takes a deep breath.

"You know what. Don't come. I can't even look at you right now" His nose wrinkles in disgust and he slams my door, quickly exiting my room.