Once you find your mate, you’re allowed to move with them until you’ve decided which pack you are going to, if to stay on your own or his. But since Sebastian isn’t allowed to leave, it’s no question that I’m staying here.

“Ready?” He asked me from where he was laying on the bed, watching me the whole time. I smiled and nodded. He got up and I walked to the door and opened it.

“Charlotte!” A body came flying into mine and if it weren’t for Sebastian behind us, we would off fallen. “I found my mate!” Sam grinned, not noticing Sebastian at all. “And from not seeing you early when I came, it seems you too. Who is it? Is he ha-” She broke off as she stared at him in shock. “Oh Charlotte, you always find trouble.”

“Trouble?” I blinked at her in confusion.

She pulled away from the hug, glared at Sebastian and walked into the living room “Yes.”

I followed her, frowning. “I-I don’t understand.”

“Your mate is a guy who can’t even control his wolf, how who he control his anger around you? How can he even protect you when he can’t shift?” She asked me while hissing at him. He growled at her in warning.

“I can protect her just fine,” He snapped at her while coming to stand beside me. “My wolf and me want the same thing for her and it’s for her to be safe and protected.”

She snorted. “But who would save her from you?”

He snarled angrily and stepped towards her. “Don’t tempt me, female. I don’t like being challenged or insulted and I don’t care if you’re a female. Don’t dare me if you cannot take the consequences.”

She stared at him straight on. “See what I mean? You just proved my point that it doesn’t matter if she is your mate, if you’re angry. You will snap at anything and everything.”

He gritted his teeth and pulled his hands into fists. “I only snap at those who accuse me of shit I haven’t even done.”

“But you may do.” She pointed out.

“Samantha, enough. Please.” I demanded at her, sensing how she was affecting my mate, and I didn’t like the tone she was using with him.

He took deep breaths, trying to calm down and to try and distract himself, he took my bags and walked towards the door “I’ll wait for you outside.”

“Coward.” She called at him and that did it. He stopped and his body went rigid, he dropped the bags and dugs his nails into his hands, then started to shake badly and angry snarls and growls came from him, the muscle in his back tighten.

My eyes widen and I jogged over to him and grabbed both his cheeks, and forced him to look at me. His eyes were full on black, no trace of blue in it, and he was biting his lip so hard, it was bleeding.

I stroked both his cheeks while I rested my forehead against his and whispered soothing words. He closed his eyes, listening to me and started to calm down. Once he was calm, he grabbed the bags and left without saying anything to either of us.

I turned to Sam and blinked back my tears, I’m so emotional. “Why did you do that?”

Her eyes soften and she rushed over to me. “Oh Charlotte, I’m sorry! I was just trying to protect you. You know that.” She hugged me.

I gently pushed her away. “He won’t hurt me, he’s my mate.” I whispered.

“But he-”

“I know. When he found me at the full moon, it was his wolf. And he didn’t hurt me at all. So don’t go assuming and insulting without knowing.” I wiped a tear that escaped my eye. “Trust me and have some faith in him.”