"Thank you for answering."

I whip around and see Aiden sitting where I once was. He snaps his fingers, and everything goes black.

_____

"Hey, you okay?"

A little push on my shoulder makes me jolt up and hold onto the person next to me. I feel wetness on my cheeks and immediately wipe it off.

"Mary," I breathe out as she gives me a hug that washes away my worries. I nuzzle my head into her chest as she caresses my head. We break apart, and I turn my head towards the other side of the limo.

Empty.

"Everyone's waiting outside. We've made it to the border."

"The guards?"

"Dead."

I look down at my lap and at my wrists. They looked so weak and small with my veins popping out. I hated myself for being like this.

I drag myself out and watch as Zed is dragging away the body of the guard who let us through last week. The one who almost recognized me. Something inside me causes my body to shake with fear. Reminding me of the killer I am, the sinners who I love and will die to protect.

Ever since I remember, I have always chased after Aiden. Watching him with another girl, seeing him so angry that he could slap someone, and all those years of him not turning his eye to even look at me.

Then all of a sudden-

"The maid over there."

The maid. That is who I was in his eyes. Just a measly maid running around and cleaning his mess.

There was so much to me. To us. A story somehow is written with a deeper meaning from when we were little to how we are now.

"Save me! Save me!"

"Don't worry princess Iris! Your knight in shining armour is here!"

The giggles broke out as Aiden's little hands wrap around the wooden sword and attack King Philip who pretended to be the big, evil giant for his son.

He ran towards him and started hitting his body which made him scream and run as Aiden chased him. Iris' laughed hysterically watching the two dwell into their acting and laugh.

He looked so happy-

And now-

He didn't even remember the word. Let alone the feeling of joy.

A small tap on my shoulder broke me out of my daze as I was handed a pistol. Miles smiled gently and walked towards the rest of the group. I watch them discussing a plan to get back to the Island. Their hearts stuck to their families who were waiting for them to return.

But somehow, my body turns around, and my grip hardens around the pistol as my eyes stick to the faded tower of the palace.

And I say to myself-

"Am I waiting for you to return?"

"Iris! Whenever you're ready?" I hear Drew's voice calling me. I swallow down the guilt, and the shame and the tears and the sadness and more guilt and I turn around. I fix the pistol in the back of jeans and my fists grip with anger.

"I'm ready."

________

We make camp in the woods of Canna, just west of the castle. The same one where Fabio would be, plotting his next move.

Drew thought it would be best to take rest before jumping into something big. Along with making a strategic plan to win back what once was mine.

"Sneak attack. That's the only way we can kill the guards without being noticed," Lee suggests as we sit around the burning fire. Alex and Mary are asleep in a tent Zed had packed in the limo beforehand.