1

The Stacks/OASIS

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

My eyes fluttered open, and a sharp pain shot up my back.

I had fallen off my 'bed' again. My bed was actually just two fruit crates with a twin mattress and a few blankets stacked up on it. I pushed myself up off of the old dusty floor of the Trailer I shared with my aunt. I barely knew her anyways, we only talked if we saw each other, which wasn't often. I was usually in my hide away in the junkyard, where I went to the OASIS. A virtual reality, where you could be anything. It was amazing. That's where I built myself up, and where I found my first friend. Of course, I haven't heard from them in, literally forever.

So, I'm alone again. Not that it mattered much. Everyone else was doing the same. Playing OASIS.

I stood and dusted myself off, and headed to the small box under my bed, full of old vintage clothes. Most of which were old band tee's from bands nobody has ever heard of before. I stripped myself of clothes and put on an old Band T-Shirt Of U2. A band nobody has heard of, at least, not now. I threw on some old ripped up skinny jeans and the closest pair of shoes, which were Doc Martins. I stuffed my things in my back pack, and slammed open my door. I rushed out to my hide away. It was an old beat up moving van. It was my secret space.

I walked towards the junkyard, spotting a boy climbing into another car. He turned and glanced at me. He was wearing glasses and had shaggy brown hair. He slid into the car without looking back and I brushed him off. Probably another OASIS player like me, heading to his own Hide Away. I climbed a tower of cars and got to the top, dropping down the center and ending up in a large area that was once an old moving van. You couldn't get in from the outside, you had to climb the tower and drop in.

I looked around and admired my work for a second. There were old gaming posters and books and even a message board with old Pop Culture stuff strung up on it. All stuff that my father loved.

Ah, right. I'm y/n Halliday. You know, daughter of James Halliday...the creator of the OASIS...? Yeah. Nobody knows that though. I don't even think my own father knew I existed either. Anyways, back to reality.

I pulled out my Goggles from my bag and strapped it around my neck. I attached cables to my vest I had put on, that were snapped to the ceiling so I could turn and such. I turned on the treadmill and tested it before turning it off for a moment.

I strapped the goggles around my eyes and a blur of color surrounded me. All the sudden I was at spawn, using my usual Avatar. [ for the sake of the x Reader, I'm only doing a human-esc character. ] She had messy h/c [ hair color ] and her skin was a pale s/c [ skin color( it can be unnatural and have patterns as well. You can add in that stuff if you'd like. It would be awesome if you could tag me a picture/drawing of your rendition of what y/n looks like in an Oc book or something!) ]. She also had Cat like e/c [ eye color ] orbs and two ram horns sticking out of her head. My character usually wore one of two things. Usually never the dress unless I was feeling flashy. Which was extremely rare. I usually wore this;

It's nothing too much, but I feel better wearing pants, for sure

Most people knew who I was, after my popularity during my Twitch Streams with racing, and just exploring different Planets. But I wasn't famous or anything, I mean honestly, fame isn't exactly a thing I like. Especially when weird creatures just start coming up to you.

Anyways, today there was a race, and I was still on the hunt for a key. I rushed to the teleport, leaping through. I was spit out near the back, and I watched people, or players start their engines. The last open spot was next to, what looked like the DeLorean, from Back To The Future. God I love that movie!

I threw down my shrunken version of my vehicle. Which, unbelievably was the one and only Millennium Falcon. I had gotten it a while back and it was priceless. As it began transforming it pushed away some of the cars next to it. A girl flipped me off and I did the same to her. Yeah, being awesome sometimes means sacrificing a little of your space. Get over it.

I began climbing the ramp before turning to see the boy in the DeLorean. He looked speechless. I gave him a quick salute, before climbing my way into the Falcon. I made my way to the Cockpit and sat in the Pilot's seat. Sadly, I have yet to get a co-pilot.

I closed the ramp and started up the Millennium Falcon. It ran flawlessly to say the least. As it started up I focused on the horizon. The Falcon began hovering and I looked down at the same boy, who was just staring at me, like he was trying to figure me out. I chuckled, rolling my eyes. As the Track formed in front of us I saw people looking up at me, disgusted looks on their faces. It looked as though I was cheating. Its not cheating if their aren't any rules.

I took off as Fireworks started exploding. I easily dodged debris and flew above the track. Sadly though, I wasn't allowed to fly much higher than I am now, which was around 9 feet above the ground. There was some type of force field.

We approached the end and I watched as the track broke away. I thought I could make it.

Then, that same boy got out of his DeLorean, leaping in front of the Falcon. He jumped on to of his car and leapt at the Cockpit's window, throwing both me and him out of the Falcon. We hit the ground, with me laying on top of him. I was watching as my Millennium Falcon got crushed by King Kong's hands and thrown back to the concrete. I sighed, getting off of the boy, and watching the smoking pile of, what once was an expensive vehicle.

" Damn it...! loved that thing... " I mumbled as I shook my head. Almost instantly the boy butted in.

" Uh- oh, Aech..! He's my friend...but, uh he could fix it for you! " he stumbled. I turned to him and cocked an eyebrow.

" Oh yeah...? " I asked. He eagerly nodded.

" Yeah! Just, uh, just come on over when your ready I guess...! " He nodded. I sighed.

" Alright... " I quickly read his Gamer Tag.
" Parzival. " I turned and shrunk the broken up Millennium Falcon And tossed it in the air before inserting it into my inventory. I looked him up and down. " See yah there...! " I nodded to him and turned on my heel, and ended up slipping and falling.

" SHIT! WHY AM I ALWAYS FALLING?! GAH.....!!! " I picked myself up and stormed away. I could hear a snort sound from behind. I turned and shot him a death glare.

" I will SNAP YOUR NECK Parzival! " I squeaked, stomping away, as his laughing fit ceased.

Dammit you cheap non-slip shoes!

Eeeh-
Yep. So, anyways, to be clear y/n is taking the place of Art3mis/Samantha in this. These are my names for the character~

Gamertag: - Oc3an -

Name: Pandora Halladay

Anyways, I'd love to hear yours!