Zero Six

*Drum rolls* *Trumpets*

CHAPTERRRR SIXXX!!!!

____________________________________

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Brandon exclaimed, standing abruptly from the table where the rich crowd sits. He glared at Dmitri. At least I think he was trying to glare. Although the expression on his face was a hybrid of confusion and anger. I bet his face can't decide which expression would look better because both were ugly as hell.

He started to move toward Dmitri in a unusual way. I also bet he thinks he's moving like he owns the world. But I doubt that. I bit my lip slightly to keep myself from smiling. Dmitri looked back to see who spoke, when his eyes found the person he turned to face him.

Brandon stopped a foot away from Dmitri glaring at him. He took a step ahead and was toe to toe with Dmitri. Brandon was trying to size him up which was failing miserably. Dmitri was taller then Brandon. And the neutral bored expression on his face somehow seemed more dominant.

I stood a good few feet away, murdering my lip with my teeth and silently watching all the drama unfold. 'You just had to trip Zee.' I admonished myself. 'This wouldn't be happening if you didn't come to the cafe' I thought.

I was busy mentally berating myself, when I saw movement in my peripheral vision. Sam shuffled toward a timid looking girl, who stood close to the cafeteria wall, wringing her fingers anxiously.

When Sam reached the girl, she hesitantly moved forward and whispered something to him. He stood there for a moment looking at her then nodded and slowly jogged back. My concentration snapped back to the deadly duo standing in the middle of the cafeteria.

"And who the fuck...my good sir, might you be?" Dmitri drawled looking down at Brandon with his eyebrow raised in question as if Brandon was just a mere inconvenience.

Brandon's eyes narrowed in reply. "You don't know who am I? I'm Brandon Kyne. Son of Kyne Marcel. CEO of Marcel & Co." Brandon boasted with a smug look on his face. Dmitri blinked and stared at Brandon for a few seconds."Was I supposed to bow down and cower in fear, by any chance, hearing you state your name like a pompous ass?" He stated with a "i-dont-know-this-petty-creature-and-its-affecting-my-sanity-by-standing-infront-of-me" tone. His face remained indifferent and eyes blinking lazily.

Brandon clenched his jaw, his eyes flashing with anger. He took a few steps and stopped when he stood a hair breadth away from Dmitri.

“Listen here newbie. You don’t know me yet and you haven’t seen my wrath-” Sam scoffed “Wrath my dead uncle’s horses’ ass.” “-so it would be better for you to stay out of this shit. This is my territory. My father owns this school. Just a flip of my hand and you’re out of here. You’re messing with the wrong guy.” Brandon looked directly into his eyes and sneered “You won’t even know what hit you when I get my hands on you. There is a reason why they call me the devil’s incarnate. So go & stay in the hole you came out from.” He whispered thumping his hand on Dmitri’s shoulder with force.

By the time Brandon finished his threatening, my eyes have one considerably round and my hands have gone clammy.  I nervously flicked my eyes to every person in the area. People were whispering. This is going to definitely start the rumor mill. I mentally groaned.

Brandon had a satisfied look on his face. Probably thinking he succeeded in intimidating Dmitri. Sam shifted beside me “Damn look at all the petty humans standing around, taking the drama like starved animals. I forgot why I hated these institutions.” He mumbled under his breath. “Welcome to high school” I whispered inaudibly.