Zero Two

"...Would you look at that! It's non other then Miss Zawena Ackes. Now where are you off to honey? I missed you!"

Brandon Kyne. School's typical star quarterback. Guys envy him. Girls fall on his feet, desperately wanting to be seen by him. But students also call him "Devil's Incarnation"

The envy and desperation aside. Everyone's kind of afraid of him. For the right reasons.
He's cruel and rude and doesn't care about anyone. He and the guys from the team would beat anyone up, if they even question him.

Typical I know. Someone have to tell them to be original for once.

They say that there was a boy who accidentally spilled water on the Popular's table. Yes. Table. And what do we know! Brandon verbally abused the guy, in front of the whole school in cafeteria. The next day we got to know that the poor boy's name was striked off the school files. Insane. I know.

I guess it's because Brandon is filthy rich. Like really really rich. I can see from the fact that he drives five different cars to school on the five weekdays. I know that because I have a sweet spot for cars. As my dad did too.

Even the school faculty stays clear of him. The principal doesn't know about Brandon's nature and his doings. The talk never reached to principal's ear least the school board. Just one call from his father and... boom! You're gone.

"Oh!... H-hey Brandon... it's nice seeing you." Definitely not !  "B-but I have to go the the class." I strutter pointing toward the class just a few steps away. I turn around and take a step towards it. A hand suddenly gripped my arm. Squeezing it in the process. I bit back a wince.

"Now now nerd... you know I don't like when people tell me what to do. No one walks away from me. And the class doesn't start till 8:45..." He sneered. Pure disgust was swirling in his eyes.

Slowly, a smirk twisted onto his lips. My throat suddenly grew dry. "Since we have so much time till the class starts. Why don't we go outside and enjoy ourselves. Hmm?" Without saying anything further. He gripped my arm tighter then before. A wince broke out of my lips. It'll certainly leave a bruise.

I don't even know what I did to deserve this type of treatment. I have a guess. But that guess goes back to 9 grade. Back then, I tripped on something while walking through the cafeteria and I had a smoothie in my hand. I tripped...the smoothie fell... on someone. I am clumsy. Clumsy as a baby giraffe. I didn't see who it was. I did the only logical thing. Quickly apologized and bolted out of there without looking back.

Within a blink of eye, we were outside. The weather of North Dakota was chilly. And it was autumn. I didn't have a sweater or cardigan with me. Earthquake was wrecking my insides, shaking me to my core. Omg he's going to dump me in mud again!

Yeah, that had happened before. Several times. I just hope I have a spare sweater in my locker.

I was in my thoughts when I was drenched in water. No. Cold water... in this weather. I loud gasp left my lips. I inhaled and exhaled to keep my breathing normal.

The breeze sent chills down my back. My body started to shake badly due to the cool weather and the anxiety that was building inside me. Tears stung my eyes but I didn't let them fall. I cast my eyes to the ground and folded my arms around me, to keep the warmth. Without a warning another round of cold water drenched me.

I bit back a sob. This was far. So far. I was surrounded by whispers and snickering. I was becoming a laughing stock again.

"How do you feel to know your worth? You filthy drowned rat!" Brandon stacked forward and yelled in my face.