Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

  "Arcee, Bumblebee," Optimus continued. "Prepare to roll out."

  The femme nodded and Bumblebee buzzed eagerly.

  Smokescreen froze on his way to the ground bridge. "Wait. What about me?" Bulkhead cleared his throat. "I mean, me and Bulkhead?"

  The Prime turned to them. "The two of you will remain here in the event I'm able to decode a subsequent database entry before the others return." Then he returned to his work.

  "Optimus is right," Ratchet spoke up. "Considering the very fate of Cybertron is at stake, response time is critical."

  "Keep your engines idling, kid." Arcee said, and though her back was to us, I could hear the smirk in her tone as she said, "Come on, Bee. Destiny awaits."

  I barked a laugh and Bulkhead grinned as Arcee and Bumblebee drove through the open ground bridge, disappearing at the end. Smokescreen wasn't amused at all, so Bulkhead walked up behind him, smacking his back in a friendly way.

  "We call it a pit stop," The wrecker said. "We'll get back in the race."

  Seeing that the action was pretty much over, I headed up the stairs to the platform and into the living area, scooping up my water bottle before plopping on the couch. I pulled my phone out of my knapsack, seeing that the group chat between me, Finn, Miko, Raf, and Jack was full of new messages.

  Miko: And then the duck chased me back to camp!

  Raf: It was the funniest thing ever. I wish I filmed it.

  Finn: You mean you didn't film it?!

  Finn hadn't gone on the camping trip either, since he worked for the military and all. Being with Team Prime was technically his job, so he had to continue being dedicated to that, which sucked because he was excited about the trip until he heard he couldn't go.

  Jack: I caught the end of it, dw.

  Finn: Good!

  Me: So I take it the trip has been fun?

  Miko: A! Where u been?

  Me: Around. Things have been a bit... hectic

  Jack: Care to explain?

  Me: Not here.This isn't a secure line. I'll fill you guys in when you get back tho

  Raf: How's Bee doing?

  I smiled at that. Me: He's fine, out finding a relic rn with Arcee

  Miko: And Bulk?

  Me: Teasing Smokescreen

  Finn: I'll probably head over sometime soon. I've been a little caught up in the massive stack of paperwork that I forgot to do on time

  Me: Get back to work then!

  Finn: Fine, fine

  Jack: Time for a hike. We'll chat later guys!

  Me: Have fun and don't get eaten by the bugs

  Miko: Gah, those things are deadly

  That made me smile again as I put my phone away and sat back, unsure of what to do. There seemed to be a lot more waiting around than usual, and with Optimus constantly working on decoding the database, we didn't go on the drives that used to take up a lot of our time.