Chapter 49

Warning...For mature readers only.
If you can't stomach the content in this chapter just delete it altogether because each chapter after this will be just as horrific.
It might...but just in case.
Read at your own risk.....

The days that passed since the birth of her child, was a horrible nightmare.

She was inconsolable. She waited for her child and begged to be let go so that she could search for him. When her father returned, he was beside himself with such news that he sent out a search for Justin on the orders that they find his grandson then hang that pirate.

The commotion in the home had the staff at their wit's end as she cried nonstop and refused to eat or sleep.

A month had gone by and it was a torturous reminder that she didn't have her baby. The monotonous affirmation of his abduction was continuously pounded into her brain by her mother. An endless cycle of mental torture.

He took him...
The Black Scourge took him...

With every sunset, she wept for her baby and with every sunrise, she vowed that Justin would pay for what he had done.

Her mother did little to help. She fed her lies. Fed her grief with them and that fueled Tempest's anger and hate for the man she once vowed to love forever.

Then slowly the days turned into gruesome slow weeks where she had turned bitter and cold.
She was not getting any better. No matter how many times her father begged her to try. To believe that he would return her son. She had nearly graced death's door twice; enduring long days without food or water and finally taking off in the dead of one winter night, in search of him.

Her mother was ever the doting matron in her father's presence only to become evil with the endless accusing tirade of how stupid of her to let the pirate bed her and get her with child.

Tempest had soon become the shell of the girl she once was. She had succumbed to the darkness that threatened long ago to suffocate her and drown her in her misery. It succeeded.

She...was ...nothing...

She felt empty and everyone around her dreadfully saw it. Her maidservants tried in vain to console her but it was no use.
Her mother waved it off as a phase she will get over.
Her father felt helpless. His weakness to save his daughter and put the sun back in her spirit led him to abandon all hope...So he left for sea.

Haines took this time to his advantage. His presence only fueled her hate and disdain for him in silence as he reminded her daily that she can bear his children; discarding any interest in her baby with Justin.

When signs of her ailment subsided, he took her back to his home.
Even with the change of atmosphere, she showed no improvement. She barely left her room. She barely uttered a word. She barely acknowledged his presence.

It went as far as taking their meals in silence all without meeting his eyes when he spoke. That infuriated him.
So much so that he was beginning to get impatient with her.

He vowed that her cold detachment would end very soon. And he would make good on his threat one evening when she sat alone in her room.

He approached her.

When he stood before her, he kept his features expressionless and merely studied her without blinking.

"Until when do you plan on crying for your bastard child?" He murmured ruthlessly.

She said nothing.

He tilted her chin up roughly to look at her. He held Tempest's empty gaze and muttered through clenched teeth. 

"Say something," he violently shook her.

Then he shoved her onto the bed. He wanted a reaction. He wanted the heated, hateful words. The spitfire that she once was. But deep down it did not matter to him as she now lay unresisting beneath him, letting him do what he would with her body.

He drove himself viciously into her; staring into two dark murky pools of nothingness.

His nails dug into her hips while he rammed into her again and again until the horrible, loveless orgasm slammed through him and he shuddered. Finally sated and it was over, he pulled away and stumbled back; straightening his clothes and calmly said, "Ready your things, we leave for Tortuga in 2 days' time."

The moment the door shut, it was as if a spark from a flint began within her.

Tortuga in 2 days.

Enough time to exact her revenge.

On ALL of them.

*****

Here we go so sorry it's so short but I'm anxious to finish this story.