Grey's anatomy ( pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

" You," I look at the intern, pointing at her, " call Dr. Avery." She scrambles up and takes my phone in her hand, calling Jackson.

" He didn't respond Dr. L/N" She cringes slightly as we enter the birthing room.

" Keep calling him until he answers!" I yell, sweat start coating my skin.

" You paged me?!" Arizona runs into the room, with wide eyes until she sees me. The nurse immediately puts an operating gown and gloves on Arizona. Arizona sits down in the stool at the end of my bed.

* meanwhile with Jackson *

" So," Derek starts, looking up from the patient to Jackson. " is it a boy or a girl?"

" Pardon?" Jackson looks at the neurosurgeon with wide eyes.

" Your baby," Derek glances at Jackson, hoping that Jackson did what he's thinking he did. " Didn't you say the due date was today?"

Oh my god, Jackson actually forgot to turn his phone back on. The surgery had unexpected complications and his phone kept going off, and he just got super stressed and told the nurse to " turn it off. I don't care who it is. Right now this patient is my main focus."

" Turn my phone on right now!" Jackson yells, really hoping that it wasn't you but deep down he knew it was you and he REALLY messed up.

" 20 missed calls from Dr. L/N." The nurse says, raising her eyebrows.

" Oh shit!" Jackson immediately drops everything he was doing, letting the resident take over. Jackson throws his plastic gloves away before running out of the O.R. with his surgery gown still on you favorite scrub cap on. He races to Peds, running as fast as he can.

* meanwhile with you *

" WHERE THE FUCK IS JACKSON!" I scream in pain, while squeezing the intern's hand so hard she flinches.

" I'm here!" Jackson runs into the room, panting and wide-eyed.

" YOU HAD ONE JOB! ONE FU-"

" Rember Y/N you're still on the Peds floor, we don't like using bad words around the tiny humans." Arizona chimes in, but I ignore her.

" YOU HAD TO KEEP YOUR PHONE ON?! HOW HARD OF A JOB WAS THAT?!" I push the intern away as Jackson replaces her.

" I had to drive myself here because you wouldn't respond to my calls!" I yell at him out of anger also pain, " I could've caused a car accident or worse-"

" One more push Y/N!" Arizona alerts me.

I push with everything I have until I hear a baby cry, and I immediately fall in love. This was a different kind of love than how I love Jackson. This kind of love is never ending, you can fall in and out of love with other people but this is something else. This love is unconditional, no matter what happens, I'll love them.

" Is it a boy or a girl?" I ask weakly.

" It's a girl!"

-

-

-

" Well," Arizona walk into my room with a huge smile on her face, " congratulations! You have a perfectly healthy baby girl!" Jackson immediately presses a kiss to my lips, I can taste the happiness on his lips.

" Do you want to hold her?" Arizona questions, looking at Jackson and I.

" Of course!" I smile, propping myself up a little more on my pillows.

Arizona hands me my perfect tiny human, " here's Valarie Ann Avery!" A huge smile appears on both of Jackson's and my face as we look down at our perfect, healthy babygirl.

I never want it any other way. I have a beautiful and healthy babygirl in my arms and the love of my life right next to me. I love my life.