EPICQUEST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Prologue~~~~~~~~~~~

Black rose petals began to swirl around the young woman in the faded yellow dress which was covered in blood. The crown on her head had become bent and twisted. Standing on a tree stump which was covered in ice, the girl looked up with a look of anger in her eyes. There were dark circles under them. Her hands which were covered in blood lifted up into the sky. They then clenched into fists. She looked at the villagers who approached her with an icy glare. A deep growl formed in her throat.

"Leave me alone!" She screamed.

She plunged a bloody fist into the ground. The earth then began to shake. The people were knocked down to the ground. They cried out in pain. A young man looked at the girl in fear.

"Princess Faye, please stop this. We are only trying to help you!" He cried out.

The girl growled at the whelp. She grabbed him by the throat and lifted him high into the air. Her icy blue eyes had now turned dark and demonic. Her long white hair swayed from side to side like a pussy willow blowing fiercely in the wind.

"Your Princess can no longer hear your cries, boy. We of the Demonkyn have now completely taken over her body. Now you'll die!" She said in a dark sing-song voice.

She scratched the boy's face with her long sharp fingernails. The boy's face was covered in blood. He screamed in agony. With one fluid move, the possessed princess snapped the boy's neck. She threw the lifeless body of the boy to the ground like a rag doll. A laugh of insanity escaped from her throat after that. She looked at the villagers with a smile.

"Such tasty morsels in our midst. Tonight we'll feast on their souls!" She cried in delight.

She then pointed a finger at the villagers. A horde of demons and goblins jumped out from behind the bushes. They began to attack and feed on the poor villagers. The Princess just smiled at the chaos. At her side she held the book of the dark arts in her hands. It glowed a blood red in the darkness.

A young wizard hid far away from the grisly scene. Removing the hood of his cloak, he stared down at his staff which the top of it was carved into a wolf's head. He began to speak a spell into it that became a prophecy.

"When one pure in heart puts down their life for the one they love and is not afraid to die, then the chosen savior will return to smite the darkness that has us in its icy clutches. In ten years time, the one will appear to send the darkness back into the flames. Let it be so!" He proclaimed.

He struck his wolf staff to the ground three times. A bright rainbow colored light flashed into the sky. The Wizard disappeared after that. One of the demons had seen the rainbow light pierce the darkness before watching the wizard disappear. The demon laughed.

"We must stop this chosen hero from coming. Follow the young wizard!" The Possessed Princess yelled in the distance.

The demon nodded and jumped through a spinning dark portal to the future.

"Whatever you wish will come true, vile one!" The demon hissed.

It would do whatever it took to make sure the young wizard did not succeed. If it had to harm the lad, so be it. The Kingdom of the Arcadians now belonged to all Demonkyn.