chapter eighteen

•unedited

"Pretty fucked up."

~~~

Justin.
The speaker in my room ran colours off the grey wall paper. Allowing me to easily lose myself in the abused run of thoughts in my mind.

Thinning out my realtiy to a pen and paper was nothing, every attempt to understand her disappearance just ran blank in my mind. Sitting in my office well papers flood my desk has only the slightest concern on my mind.

My pen taps the table, the hollow wood structure sending cold signals as my eyes continue to drift to the clearer phone.

Just watching time sweep by, hour by hour. Time slipping like sand through my grasp as the door is still unopened, the apartment empty, her soft voice plucking songs well she works is mute in the rooms.

Her melodic laughter well she lays between the sheets, her beautiful olive skin tangled in the bed well I just admire her. She's just so beautiful.

She's just gone.

All day I was strung up wondering why she would just leave without any of her belonging and any note to explain this leap of absence to me other than a small paper with a dotted note clearly holding a lie.

Then to rewind back to yesterday, the near traumatic experience only proves how many transparent people live alongside Selena. Taylor's body never tempted me like the rest of the girls who learned in my class under my rules, just Selena.

She is so beautiful and has such an amazing soul, each scar to lace her body is in the past and I want to assure she won't forget that.

Shit.

A chime on my phone practically leaps me to it. Knocking over a coffee cup to the floor. Shattering to the wooden design and pooling in the small puddle of black coffee still left in the cup.

11:42pm.

Selena.
"Meet- the park on fifth street. Asap." Her name read clear, she responded. She was hopefully okay. Her message was a little coded but obviously still spoke clear enough.

Her desired destination did confuse me as it was far from here, why would she be so far out and alone at this hour.

Why couldn't she just come home.

Regardless, I had myself pushing from the desk and trampling over the fresh shards of glass to decorate the floor.

"Ah shit."

A slur of cuss words fall from my lips as the pain of thick chunks of glass seeping into my flesh shot through my leg, tearing through the think fabric of my socks.

I couldn't dwell over the pain to lay under my feet and I knew she was out there. Cold, tired, sad. My hands gripped the car keys pooled on the kitchen counter and my jacket that was tossed over the chair, before I knew it the door was behind me.

The elevator wasn't going to get me there quick enough and I couldn't stand still so the stairs were my closer and quicker option. Well sort of.